Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 Imaging?

russell.5813
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

I have a large number of SX20's that I've been tasked with configuring and deploying across the region. The configuration process is quite time-consuming, so I've been researching how I might be able to build a preset configuration that I can quickly load onto each system-- with no luck, so far. Is this even possible? I'm fairly new to VTC systems, so any guidance a more seasoned professional can provide would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you have TMS and the SX20s are added as managed systems, you could create a configuration template (Systems > Configuration Templates) and push the same configuration out to them all at once.

If you don't have TMS, you could configure the first SX20 with the settings you want, them backup the configuration and restore that to all the remaining endpoints.  Take a look at the "Backup and Restore" section of the SX20 Admin Guide on pg 52.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Russell,

Let me move this post to Telepresence community. This community is for Cisco WebEx Meetings Server and Cisco Unified MeetingPlace products and is not observed by TP experts. 

I hope this will get you the answers you need faster.

Kind regards,

-Dejan

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you have TMS and the SX20s are added as managed systems, you could create a configuration template (Systems > Configuration Templates) and push the same configuration out to them all at once.

If you don't have TMS, you could configure the first SX20 with the settings you want, them backup the configuration and restore that to all the remaining endpoints.  Take a look at the "Backup and Restore" section of the SX20 Admin Guide on pg 52.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Patrick! I'll explore both options and see what works best.

If you choose the backup and restore option, you should edit the saved configuration file prior to doing a restore and update any system specific information (ie: IP/DNS addresses or H323/SIP servers/aliases, etc).  If you don't do this then everything from the first SX20 will be updated onto the next and possible cause a conflict the first SX20.

This happened to a colleague of mine where we backed up the config from a C60 and uploaded it to a SX80, which caused an IP conflict and couldn't access the web interface of the SX80 because it's IP was overridden with the one that the C60 currently was using.