Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 Time Reset

Hi,

I am encountering this issue on SX20 endpoints. I used to adjust the time setting and set it to the correct time everytime i powered on the system. Is this a normal when the codec is powered off, the time will reset to default factory settings?

Thank you.

Br,

Acevirgil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Besides of a bug possibility, I was thinking about some internal battery problem. Anyway, do you have some NTP Server in your network? A solution would be using a NTP Server, which is highly recommended for video conference indeed. Because if time is wrong, you can have issues with H323 protocol, for example, if the time of the client is too different than the time of VCS, the registration may be rejected, I have seen some issues like that before.

If you cannot use NTP, I suggest you to open a TAC case, because it seems to be a hardware or bug issue.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When did you buy your sx20?

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Hi Paulo,

The SX20 was purchased last first quarter of this year.

Thanks,

Acevirgil

Hi,

Besides of a bug possibility, I was thinking about some internal battery problem. Anyway, do you have some NTP Server in your network? A solution would be using a NTP Server, which is highly recommended for video conference indeed. Because if time is wrong, you can have issues with H323 protocol, for example, if the time of the client is too different than the time of VCS, the registration may be rejected, I have seen some issues like that before.

If you cannot use NTP, I suggest you to open a TAC case, because it seems to be a hardware or bug issue.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for the inputs.

Best regards,

Acevirgil