Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 unable to initiate video call MXP 1000

anis_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have SX20 (version TC7.1) registered with CUCM 10.5 as SIP.

I have MXP 1000 registered with CUCM 10.5 as SIP.

When i call from SX20 to MXP or vice versa my call connect as Audio call.

In MXP, H.264 & H.263 protocols are enabled Under Endpoint configuration->call quality. 

In SX20 i have configured H.264 under configuration->experimental->CapsetFilter

But my problem didn't fix.

Can some one help please?

Regards,

8 Replies 8

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

what is the firmware version on MXP 1000 ? did you test the MXP 1000 with other endpoints ?

did you try direct call without CUCM ?

HTH

Anas 

don't forget to rate the helpful posts

Hi ,

MXP firmware 7.2 (PAL)

Calls between MXP's have same behavior.

Regards,

Hi Anis,

try tp upgrade your MXP 1000

HTH

Anas

don't forget to rate helpful posts

As suggested above, you will need to update the software on your MXP.

There were lots of fixes for SIP included in the F8 and F9 releases.

I'd recommend the latest F9.3.3 release.

Note: you will need a new release key to be able to upgrade your device from F7 to F9.  If you have an active service contract on your device you should be able to get this from the Cisco licencing portal (www.cisco.com/go/licence).  If you don't have an active service contract you should be able to get an upgrade by contacting the TAC and referring to the following security advisory: http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-20140430-mxp - specifically the "Customers Withough Service Contracts" section.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Guys,

I have upgraded MXP to 9.3.3 but the situation is still same.

Any other suggestion ?

Regards,

Hi Anis,

did you try direct call without call manager ?

Regards

Anas

What is the bandwidth configured on endpoints or on CUCM?

do you have any SX2O to check calls between excluding MXP.

MXP endpoints are not initially tested to work on SIP at advance level so problem could be anything.

Try with H323 if possible.

I didn't notice it before, but when I just re-read your original post, I see you have a capset filter set on your SX20.  Try removing the capset filter - we have SX20s and MXP 1000s here and they're all working on the default capset settings (although we're not using a CUCM).  Are your devices able to call others as video calls?  If not, there may be something incorrectly set in your call manager for the devices that's making them audio only.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.