cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX80 and TC Console custom remote layout selection

Joel Stanfield
Level 1
Level 1

I have successfully configured custom layouts using the TC Console for C60/90 codecs and now SX80/Touch10 systems.
The IR remote control with the C60/90 would enable a codec with custom layouts to change the remote layout during a call with a soft button (remote layout) under layout control. The issue with the SX80 is I don't see this option available with the Touch10, the layout selection only changes the local layout and not the associated remote layout defined using TC Console. The only way a different remote layout is used is if it is the default.

Is there anyway to enable selection on the Touch10? Even better to be able to define soft buttons on Touch10 to execute API commands.

It would also be great if custom audio setups would be available through the Touch10. I would like to be able to change up which microphones were live or muted.

4 Replies 4

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For any additional functionality that's not already present (ie Soft Buttons, Custom Audio Setups, etc.), your best option is to ask your local Cisco Account Manager to log a Feature Request for you to be considered by the developers for implementation in a future version of software.

Alternately, you can use external control systems (such as Crestron or AMX) where you can program up all this additional functionality.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

emelianoff
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! I have a similar problem with remote layout changing. I can switch local layout between received video and presentation via Call control page of SX80 web interface or API. But anything changes when i put API commands for remote layout. What's wrong?

Example:
xCommand Video PictureLayoutSet Target: Remote LayoutFamily: equal

The "Remote LayoutFamily" changes what your endpoint is sending to the Far End, so, when you are changing this setting, you won't see any change on your local endpoint.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello.

Thanks for your reply. But how i can change what i receive from conference? Our conductor's conference template is set to the "equal" and the notice says:

This setting can be overridden by a participant using far end camera control (FECC) or dual-tone multi-frequency (DTMF) keys when in the conference.

Our cameras connected via blackmagic switcher. Which DTMF command i need to use to switch layout of recived picture?