Views
Helpful
Replies

SX80 - Telepresence Cisco

maitanlinhvn
Level 1
Level 1

hi all;

please help me to check how many sites, the CTS-SX80-IP40-K9 support ?

i need set up a room for 6 sites video conference. can you propose to me? 

Thanks & Regards;

Klein

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

While it wouldn't necessarily look pretty on screen, you could do it with two SX80s with multi-site - call half the endpoints from one, and half from the other, then use another call to link the two.

So SX80 number 1 would call Endpoints 2 and 3 and also SX80 number 2.  SX80 number 2 would then call endpoints 5 and 6.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The SX80 can support up to five sites in total (itself plus four) if it has the Multisite option. Without that option it can only place one video plus one audio call. 

If you need to support six you need a bridge or bridging service. 

Thank you for your information so much. i will check it again.

While it wouldn't necessarily look pretty on screen, you could do it with two SX80s with multi-site - call half the endpoints from one, and half from the other, then use another call to link the two.

So SX80 number 1 would call Endpoints 2 and 3 and also SX80 number 2.  SX80 number 2 would then call endpoints 5 and 6.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.