cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX80 - Three PC inputs

Frank P
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to have three PC inputs on the SX80 without the need of a Crestron controller/programming? 

If not, is there a video switcher you can control with the SX80 and the Cisco Touch 10?

My goal is to have three video inputs without the need of adding a Crestron DMPS + touch panel + programming. 

Thanks in advance. 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can have three PC sources if you use the HDMI2, HDMI3, and DVI inputs of the SX80, however this would mean that you can only have one camera input. If you require the use of more than one camera, you'll require the use of an external video switcher. 

View solution in original post

Hi Frank,

We have deployed many of these  SW2 HDMI SW4 HDMI - Extron  HDMI switchers for our variety of Cisco codecs and I assure you it will work with SX80. It supports auto-input switching. You can refer to Extron SW HDMI Series User Guide on page 10 on how to configure the switch to enable auto-input switching feature.

regards,

Acevirgil

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

rsajan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Frank

Greetings of the day!

A video matrix switcher can be used with SX80 and the Cisco Touch 10 to increase the number of video inputs from the PC/laptop. It can be connected to the DVI input port of the SX80 codec.

I have one of my clients using a Extron video matrix switcher with SX80 in their deployment, and it works well. 

//

Please refer to the attached diagram for your reference.

// 

Regards

Radhika Sajan

Do you know which model is known to work? 

How does it work? is the matrix switcher auto switching inputs??

Hi Frank,

We have deployed many of these  SW2 HDMI SW4 HDMI - Extron  HDMI switchers for our variety of Cisco codecs and I assure you it will work with SX80. It supports auto-input switching. You can refer to Extron SW HDMI Series User Guide on page 10 on how to configure the switch to enable auto-input switching feature.

regards,

Acevirgil

Hi Frank

You can either enable auto switching or you can use manual input selection as per your requirements and moreover it depends on the model you choose.

However, as confirmed by Acevirgil,  SW2 HDMI SW4 HDMI - Extron switchers work well with the SX80.

Regards

Radhika Sajan

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can have three PC sources if you use the HDMI2, HDMI3, and DVI inputs of the SX80, however this would mean that you can only have one camera input. If you require the use of more than one camera, you'll require the use of an external video switcher. 

Patrick, 

How does the video switcher works? I can't use two HDMIs since my deployments have SpeakerTrack60. 

Do you have control of your inputs on the external video switcher? 

The simplest solution is to use a switch that has an auto sensing input that can change to the last active input, such as what Radhika and Acevirgil suggests.  This would allow you to use one input on the SX80 while all the PC content is connected to the switcher.

I will have to test. My challenge is, with auto sensing the user does not have control over which workstation to use, unless they manually change the input on the video switcher. This adds complexity to the setup since they will be using the Touch 10 already. I would say is not practical. The best solution for now is to use one of the camera inputs for the PC

The only other option is to get a video switcher that has auto and manual switching of inputs.  If you invested in a control processor, you could use the new in-room controls feature of CE8.1.  In the end, if you don't or can't invest in a control processor to incorporate that function into the Touch 10, than you have to deal with what you can do, if it means the user has to manually do something outside of the Touch 10, than so be it.

I can invest in a control processor, but doing some reading, I am not sure how to make the Touch 10 control it using the in-room control feature. 

have you done this? 

Yes I have setup in-room controls using the SX80 and a Crestron processor.  Refer to the MX and SX Series In-Room Control Guide (CE8.1) on how to do this.

I did go over the In-Room Control Guide and was kind of confused. Which Crestron Processor model did you used? I read a discussion here that said the modules to control Crestron were not available yet.

By the way, thanks for all the information! very helpful  

You don't have to use official modules, you can do it yourself.

room-control-touch-10-integration-crestron-extron-amx-or-others

I'm just using the basic com port module to monitor events from the SX80 and then sending TV commands out the com port it's connected to.