Helpful
Replies

SX80 with 1x Precision60 and 2x PrecisionHD Camera 1080p12x Cameras

IsaacOwen1984
Level 1
Level 1

Hey.

My first post!

How would I best wire these three cameras up to the SX80 in terms of PTZ control?

Scenarios is the P60 is to be installed down at eye level under dual screens.

The two 12x cams are up high on poles upside down  to capture at the lectern and audience.

My idea....

P60 with a direct LAN cable to SX80

1080P 12x via the camera 9 pin connector - Link to the first camera and then loop out to the second?

How about power for these? 

The P60 I would power locally.

The 2x 1080 12x cameras would need to be powered locally too i would imagine.

Any help appriciated......

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What you described is exactly how to do it. You will have to power all three cameras locally, the SX80 doesn't provide DC power over the serial connection like the older systems did. 

Question though - why the 12x's? If it's just that you already have them fine, but the P60 is a better camera. I'd use 3 P60's and connect them back to a small switch that would be hung off one of the LAN ports on the SX80, but what you are suggesting should work fine. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What you described is exactly how to do it. You will have to power all three cameras locally, the SX80 doesn't provide DC power over the serial connection like the older systems did. 

Question though - why the 12x's? If it's just that you already have them fine, but the P60 is a better camera. I'd use 3 P60's and connect them back to a small switch that would be hung off one of the LAN ports on the SX80, but what you are suggesting should work fine. 

Hey Patrick
Thanks for the reply!
It is for a client who already has those cameras and wants to re use them.
They actually have three 12X cameras but want to replace one with the superior P60 and keep the other two
I am a fan of using p60s ans as you say use a small switch to allow them to communicate on one SX80 LAN port.
Glad it is possible anyhow.