cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg 6000 MXP goes into sleep mode after 1 hour?

David Kos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

My customer has a Tandberg 6000 MXP that continues to go into sleep mode after 1 hour.  I have told the customer to try 2 possibly solutions to try and correct the behavior.

1. Set the camera's Standby mode to OFF via the Tandberg's remote control.(Control Panel/Security/scroll down to Camera Standby Mode and select Off.)

2. I also provided instructions to Telnet into the unit with Putty and type in the following command: xcommand screensaverdeactivate

This command as I understand is supposed to stop the system from going into screen saver mode which would normally put the camera into standby mode if it was on. 

I also told my customer to reboot the codec after entering the xcommand above.

Does anyone have any additional options that can be tried that can stop the unit from going into sleep mode or even set it by more than the 1 hour and 3 hour options available via the remote control, say delay for 8 hours?

Any suggestions that you can provided are appreciated. DK

4 Replies 4

Hi David,

Do a CLI on the codec using these commands:

xconfiguration camerasleep mode: off

then reboot:

xcommand boot

regards,

Ace

I passed your recommendation along to my customer and he will give it a shot, sometimes the GUI setting doesn't take when the CLI does.  Thanks for getting back to us so quickly.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Changing the Camera Standby Mode doesn't stop the endpoint going in to Standby Mode, it just stops the camera from moving to the Standby position when the unit does go to sleep.

To change the screensaver timeout (to a max of 480 minutes), or to turn off the screensaver, use the following commands:

xconfiguration screensaver delay: 480

xconfiguration screensaver mode: Off

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

I'll have the customer try the xconfiguration commands above, not sure how they differ from the xcommand screensaverdeactivate that was mentioned in the CLI guide but they are certainly worth giving a shoot.  Thanks for your reply Wayne, its appreciated.