cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg/Cisco C20 codec upgrade fails

sigmund
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, a couple off problems during upgrading my endpoint - hop you can help.

1. Uploading the release key with succes

2. Starting upgrade from TC5... to TC7.3.3 - succes

3. after several minutes off installing extracting .... System reboots with this message "software upgrade failed"

i did this 4 times with the exact same message about failing to upgrade.

I decided to add the premium resolution option key as i was at it, system attempted to reboot but never woke up again. 

Camera is completely dead and codec blinks green, but i cant rech it one way or another? 

tried factory reset by the power botton, but it wont go to blinking red after 15 sec. 

have you any idea off what has happend here? or more important, how do i get the system to work properly again ? 

BR

Sigmund

3 Replies 3

Hi Sigmund,

What is the exact original firmware version  of your C20 codec? It could be the compatibility level and software restrictions prior to upgrade. 

Refer to this link on page 55. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/tc7/release_notes/tc-software-release-notes-tc7.pdf

Could you do SSH to the system and try to change back to the previous software version. Refer to link below under page 20 on how to do the swapping. (Swapping the software image).

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/codec-c-series/tc6/troubleshooting_guide/tc_troubleshooting_guide_tc60.pdf

If problem persist contact Cisco TAC for resolution.

Regards,

Acevirgil

Thank you Acevirgil de Ocampo - as i can see from page 55 the C20 requires as a minimum TC5.1.1 

My C20 is currently running TC5.0.1 (see attached) - but my major problem is that i cannot get in contact with the system. Not via the physical botton and neither via the IP adress (web interface)

Is this a TAC case or could i do any kind off workarround ?  

Hi Sigmund,

There could be a hardware failure with the system. Since you cannot access the system using its IP address via web/telnet/SSH. The best way is to escalate and open a case to Cisco TAC.

Regards,

Acevirgil