cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg Codec Password

ronaldcamp
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Tandberg Profile 52 6000MXP at a remote location that is not connecting to the network so I can't access it through the TMS. I will have to go to that location and look at the configurations. I was not involved in the setup of this unit and I have no idea whether anything was set for the administrator's menu password. Does anyone know if there was a Tandberg default?

6 Replies 6

By default, there is no admin menu password set unless its been already set by the the admin/user. If you can access the codec's API via its IP address using telnet/SSH you can erase or change the menu password that was set using xconfiguration (refer on the commands below). By default, the IP username and password of the codec is TANDBERG. If you don't have an access on codec using IP (telnet/SSH), access it physically using the serial port of the codec.

Default serial port configuration of the codec when accessing via console:

Baud Rate: 9600

Parity: None

Data Bits: 8

Stop Bits: 1

Perform these commands to erase, change the administrator password and also menu password of the codec. The codec will by default have strict password enabled, which will require a password with at least 15 characters that contains 2 lower case, 2 upper case letters, 2 numbers, and 2 special characters (i.e. !@#$%^&*()_+).

xconfiguration strictpassword: Off ---> to disable strict password

xconfiguration systemunit password: "" ---> to erase the administrator password

xconfiguration systemunit password: TANDBERG ---> to set TANDBERG as password for example

xconfiguration osd menu password: "" ---> to erase the menu password set on the codec

xconfiguration osd menu password: 1234 ---> to set 1234 as menu password for example

regards,

Acevirgil

Thanks for the response. I have not had good luck accessing the codec with telnet but I will give it another try.

Telnet is disabled by default, you'd have to turn it on in the codec settings in order to use it.  SSH is typically the method used to access the codec API, and is on by default.

Should I use serial cable or crossover cable?

Use a straight through RS232 cable when connecting to the serial port of the codec labeled as Data 1. 

regards,

Acevirgil

OK, thanks for the responses.