cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TC 6.1.1 Upgrade issue

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

I'm trying to do an upgrade on an EX90.  It should be simple, as it's only 6.1.0 to 6.1.1.

When I do it from the web interface, the connection gets reset.  Doesn't matter which browser: IE, Firefox, Chrome.

When I try it from WinSCP, logged on as root, it uploads the package to /upgrade, and then just sits there.  Does nothing.

No errors show in the CLI console while either is happening, and the MD5 checksum on the file I have matches the MD5 supplied on Cisco.com downloads.  Using s52000tc6_1_1.pkg.

Not really sure what the problem could be here.  Anyone have any ideas here?

6 Replies 6

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Anthony,

its a very strange issue.

do you get any output when login as root on CLI ?

i will recommed you to open a TAC case so that this can be checked remotely

Danny De Ridder
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you attach the current logfiles? These should show upgrade attempts.

Via WEB browser select Diagnostics -> Log Files

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

Apparently no need.

After fighting with it periodically all morning, all I have to do is threaten it by posting the problem here, and then it behaves properly.

Upgrade has been successful.  And I have successfully restrained myself from either posting impolite things about it, or smashing it with something. 

I did not do anything different this last time than I did several times before, but for the record I was successful using Chrome for the upgrade.

Good to hear it worked.

If you want to check what happened with the earlier attempts, you can still send the current logs to understand what failed?

As requested.

When the image got upgraded, the logfiles from the previous image are no longer "mounted" in linux, so the logfiles we got now are not the ones when you tried to upgrade. Bottom line : cannot determine from these logs what went wrong 

My bad.