Views
Helpful
Replies

TCS with direct WMP Problem

Georg Kehrer
Level 4
Level 4

Dear all

I have a new TCS6.0 on UCS Server which is running very well.

problem is as soon are open the Live unicast stream via WMP direct link

rtsp://192.168.1.1/testlive

sometime the stream are stopped and see the message "Network busy..." sometimes after a while the stream are synchronised and works well.

showing the stream via WebBrowser via Silverlight, I don`t have any Problems.

I have got this issue also on the older TCS5.3 plattform

Any Idea why I have the Problem with direct WMP?

Is it possible to open a direct Windows with Silverlight with the same publishing point?

Any input appreciated

Regards

Georg

2 Replies 2

Zac Colton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since you are seeing the WMP error/issue regardless of TCS platform, and the viewing in the web browser via SIlverlight seems to be fine, it could possibly be a client issue. Here is a post from a Microsoft support forum with some steps that can be done on the client that might help:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/media-player-network-too-busy-to-play-file-at/c9be6dc9-b09e-43b2-b48a-3b7116ca4455?msgId=6aa6d580-650b-4935-9e3f-96027f0ee4fc

dear all

I got more or less the same problem as georg. the wmp stops after a while.
In the wmp statistics (local player on tcs) i see the selcted bit rate drop, as well as the bandwidth in use.

checking the performance monitor of the windows media services on the tcs i see al lot of late reads and late sends. even with no client connected i get a lot of late reads. also the current file read rate every now and then drops to zero. is that normal behaviour of the tcs encoder?

any ideas?

best regards

igor