Views
Helpful
Replies

Telematrix SIP phones on CUCM 7 Issues

Caleb Adepoju
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I ran into a problem on a voice network managed by 3 Cucms with 60 Cisco phones and more than 400 telematrix sip phones. I observed exhaustion in which sip phones fail to register with d cucm after about 428 of d sip phones are already registered on the cucm. Is there a threshold for Sip phones on cucm running on mcs 7825I when it comes to Sip phones cause I could add a spare SCCP cisco phone without registration hassle.

The sip phones correctly get vlan info and ip address successfully, they even load their firmwares from the Tftp server but later displays "SIP logon fail" or "download fail". If I disconnect some ip phones, the ones failing to register registers and attempts to get the disconnected phones result into same registration error display.What is ur take or way forward cos I have about 26 more phones yet to be regitered on d cucm. Thanks

4 Replies 4

eklingman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Caleb,

My name is Andy with Cetis.

Can you please reach out to me so we can address this issue?  I would like to see a wireshark capture of a Cetis phone trying to register (in a case where you know it will fail)

Please reach out to me at the following number

7196388821 ext 200

Hi Andy, thanks for the offered assistance. I should get back to you on that.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Caleb,

I would check your DLU licenses. It sounds to me like you are

out of licenses and that's why you can't add any additional phones

Cheers!

Rob

"Celebration it's around us, every nations, all around us.
Singin' forever young, singin' songs underneath that sun" - K'naan

Hello Rob. Thanks but I suppose the DLU expiration should not allow me add any phone but I could ask SCCP Cisco phones. Anyway, how do I check to know the Licences are expired ? Thanks in anticipation.