cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence licensing

Jeremy McCarthy
Level 1
Level 1

We have recently upgraded our CUCM to 11.5. We have also installed and configured an Expressway to CUCM to allow for off net calls to WebEx and other room systems. We will be purchasing a large number of Telepresence systems (SX, MX and Room Kits) for our new office site and we are planning on registering them all to CUCM. When I received the quote, I found that there seem to be an inordinate amount of licenses:

L-KIT-RM - Remote monitoring option for Room Kit systems

L-KIT-MS - MultiSite software option (embedded) for Room Kit

LIC-TP-11X-ROOM - Telepresence Room Based Endpoint, Single or Multi-Screen

CON-ECMU-LICTP1RO - SWSS UPGRADES Telepresence Room Ba

The remote monitoring and multisite licenses we had purchased when the devices were registered to VCS, but I was under the impression that they would no longer be needed when they were registered to CUCM. Does anyone know if this is right?

Thank you

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Remote Monitoring option key is to enable snapshots on the endpoint's Call Control page on it's web interface, this feature is available regardless of where the endpoint is registered.
Multisite can still be used with CUCM, for multipoint conferences you have the option to use the endpoint's internal MCU (Multisite) or external conference bridge such as TelePresence Server or CIsco Meeting Server.

Hi Jeremy
I have this issue at present. What road did you take? Seperate licenses or one Endpoint license covering everything? Theres no datsheets to help!
Thanks

Hi Simon,

apologies for responding the query which you asked specifically to the thread owner. The feature licenses options depend upon your requirement and UC deployment.

If you having Cisco telepresence meeting room endpoints and required to register with the Cisco call manager then you should go with Cisco telepresence meeting room license.
If it is a normal IP phone series with video capability then CUWL/UCL based licenses.

What is your actual requirement over here?

Regards,
Shalid

Hi Shalid

Thanks for responding

The customer would like a quote for a Room55 with a Multi Site Licence, a Remote Monitoring License and an Option for TP enablement.

As per the OP it seems like quote a few SKUs, would all these not be covered by the LIC-TP-11X-ROOM License?

Thanks in advance

I've just had some further detail - the customer is registering to VSC so CUCM isn't applicable

Hi, LIC-TP-11X-ROOM doesn't cover the features mentioned and you should buy it separately. This is required only if you plan to register your TP room meeting room points in CUCM., you should go for the options keys which then apply in VCS for Remote monitoring. you should need multisite licenses if you host multisite calls on your VCS registered endpoints. Regards, Shalid