Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence Server consume more license with 720p30 main and content video

vishal agavane
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have 1 nos telepresence server virtual machine reside in ESXI with 8 core & 2.4 GHZ processor & 1 nos of conductor in lab environment. We have 5 screen license installed in TP server.

We could connect only 2 nos of VCS unit with 720P30 main(Conductor) and content(End point) setting, when we try to connect 3rd unit we couldn't connect. As per TP datasheet we can connect maximum 5 nos VCS end point with 720P30 main(Conductor) and content(End point) resolution as one vcs end point consume 1 screen license with above setting.

If i would try with 4 CIF resolution we could connect more than 4 end points. I think we are doing some wrong setting in Conductor/CUCM hence we couldn't achieve maximum capacity mentioned in TP datasheet.

I've attached conductor setting screenshots, event logs, TP server statistics while video call is going on and VM configuration and optimization while conference is going on, even we have setup HD resolution with 30 FPS setting in conductor and end point we could see 640 X 360 resolution with 5 FPS?

Do we need change our setting in Conductor for the conference or End point setting should be change or anything we have to do in cisco CUCM? If anyone has any clue on this then please let us know.

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
You have maximum number of cascades set to 2, this reserves screen licenses to ensure that a cascade call can be created. Each reserved cascade port configured on the conference template will use 720p30 main video and whatever you configure as your content channel quality, so for 720p30 video + 720p30 content (per your template), it will consume 1 screen license per cascade port. Try setting the number of cascades to 0, you should be able to then connect up to at least 4 participants, if not 5.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: