Helpful
Replies

Telepresence Shared Multiparty license question

mariusstan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,
From someone experience I would ask for an advice:

- now with the new telepresence licensing  scheme the conference licenses are installed on the conductor machine and not on the Telepresence server like before.
I licensed one conductor - because I need only one.
I used the following PAK:

LIC-VMCNDTR-PMP-PK

My problem is the fact that I do not have a PAK for shared multiparty license even if the shared multiparty was ordered- please see the bellow top level PN
TP-SMP-K9
and even
LIC-SMP-STARTERKIT PN is ordered.

The LIC-VMCNDTR-PMP-PK contains only the license for B30, clustering and 2400 max calls.

From where should I get the license for shared multiparty if it is not present in the LIC-VMCNDTR-PMP-PK  received license.

Best regards,

Marius

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Marius, it's strange you post this question, as I'm in the same  boat as you.  I also ordered the same two items, TP-SMP-K9 and the STARTERKIT, even my Account Manager said I should have the SMP licenses with all the other PAKs, but I don't.  Suggest you contact your Account Manager and raise this issue to him so they can figure out why you don't have it.

Hi Patrick, I will try this but from what I have read before they should have been in the Conductor license.

Thank you very much and keep me updated in order to know how you will solve the problem.

Best regards,

Marius

So I found out my problem, my AM was mistaken and thought that at least a single SMP license was including with the starter kit (since according to the documentation it says that a minimum of one (1) must be ordered), so in my case where I was expecting to receive at least one license, I was not.

My understanding from the email that my AM send me, which may or may not help is that:

The SMP license must be purchased separately and include the CUCM registration license as well as 2 Rich media licenses.

Still I suggest you contact your Account Manager, and even who you made the purchase with to help figure it out.