Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence Sx20

JRGC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco Telepresence Sx20 and I need to connect through public Ip address.

I would like to know if is possible to connect through Laptop or smartphone using app like proximity.

8 Replies 8

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you talking about connecting to it to manage it? If so, no - serial cable or IP (either web GUI or CLI), you can't use proximity to manage it, only to place calls and share content. 

If I'm wrong about that please elaborate on what you're trying to do. 

Hi Patrick.

i would like to add more host to my telepresence Sx20 outside my network. Only using my public Ip Address. 

I have only my endpoint Sx20. ( not CUCM)

thank you for your input !

you can do point to point conferences, by 'dialing' the public ip address of the opposite site yes

as long as your SX20 can route to the internet then that should work. depending ofcourse if your SX20 can negotiate a common capability set (codec, dtmf, resolution etc). with the remote end

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Dennis,

That is a good news.

Then, is possible to use my smartphone to connect to telepresence ? Which applications could be the most appropriate to use ? or only is between two Telepresence ?

If I need to connect through my smarphone. What is what I need?

Yes, you can use a smartphone to connect to a telepresence endpoint, but this will usually require some other form of infrastucture, like CUCM (for Jabber), or WebEx.  You could also use the Cisco Spark product which is now able to make outbound SIP video calls to be able to call your SX20 from a mobile device.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you,

I trying to connect to H 323 Room but I can’t. I would like to know that is possible use both SIP and H323 configuration on Endpoint Sx20

I have the next configuration on my endpoint.

H323

Number : n/a

ID : n/a

Gatekeeper : n/a

SIP

Address : 1555@xxxxxxx.xxxx.xxx

Secured : Secured

Verified : Verified 

Additionally I set the next parameter

Configuration->Advance Configuration->H323->Profile 1->Callsetup Mode: Direct

Configuration->Advance Configuration->H323->Profile 1->PortAllocation : Static

Yes, you can have both H.323 and SIP active on the endpoint at once. Looking at the detail you have provided, check that you have H.323 enabled (Setup > Configuration > NetworkServices > H323 Mode: On).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you do a search in these forums for "SX20 Standalone", you will find many threads on how to configure the SX20 without any call control (VCS, CUCM, etc) so it can dial, and be dialled from the internet.

One example is this thread: sx20-standalone

Wayne
--

Wayne