Views
Helpful
Replies

time Setting on SX20 codec

orellanas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have 3 Teleconference room with 1 telepresence system in each room.

They are displaying the wrong time in each codec.

they poing to us.pool.ntp.org for NTP. in Auto Mode

Also the time is America/Los Angeles

Zone   GMT-08:00(Pacific Time(US & Canada))

but they are showing different time on each.

Room 1 = 1 hour and 24 min difference from the actual time.

Room 2 = the same as Room 1

Room 3 = 2 hours and 35 Min. difference from the actual time.

I already tried to change the time manually in touch panel but still displying the same time wrong.

Can you please help me with this issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

One of the most common causes of this type of NTP issue is that there is no DNS server defined on the endpoints, so when they try to resolve "us.pool.ntp.org", they can't.  You can check to see if an endpoint has acutally Synced with an NTP server under the Setup > Status > NetworkServices screen.

I'd recommend that, if you're not providing the NTP server information to the endpoint from your call control platform or DHCP server, that you set the NTP mode to Manual instead of Audo, and point the endpoint to multiple time sources that are close to you (preferably ones on site if you have them - a Microsoft Windows Domain Controller usually does job).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
What happens if you set the NTP mode to manual instead of auto?
Have you tried a different time server, for example: 8.8.8.8 which is Google.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

One of the most common causes of this type of NTP issue is that there is no DNS server defined on the endpoints, so when they try to resolve "us.pool.ntp.org", they can't.  You can check to see if an endpoint has acutally Synced with an NTP server under the Setup > Status > NetworkServices screen.

I'd recommend that, if you're not providing the NTP server information to the endpoint from your call control platform or DHCP server, that you set the NTP mode to Manual instead of Audo, and point the endpoint to multiple time sources that are close to you (preferably ones on site if you have them - a Microsoft Windows Domain Controller usually does job).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

DNS got me a few years ago when our endpoints showed incorrect time, endpoints were set with a static IP, but DNS servers were missing so NTP lookup failed. If the endpoint is using DHCP, it will obtain DNS servers automatically.

Wayne and Patrick, you guys rocks.
Thank you so much. yes I have Static IP on the end points so I replaced "us.pool.ntp.org" with the NTP server that is in the call manager.
Thanks again.

Alberto