Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS and old VCS-E and VCS-C Version compatibility

jeremy smith
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I feel like in the (distant) past there had been certain TMS versions that would work only with certain VCS-C and VCS-E versions.

We currently have around 32 endpoints, a mix of SX, C-series, and MXP lines. We are on TMS 14.6.2 and would like to upgrade the TMS server to the latest, I think it’s 15.8. We’ve worked out what TMS server Windows + SQL components need to also be updated as well but I am hoping we can also squeeze a little more life out of our VCS-C and VCS-E devices before next year. They are the older model hardware boxes and are limited to the versions they are currently running, X8.8.3 and cannot be upgraded further.

Endpoints we have are running TC and not CE firmware at this time, in part due to the TMS 15+ requirement.

Any problem using TMS 15.8 with VCS-C and VCS-E of x8.8.3? I can’t seem to find any info in the documentations regarding this versioning question.

2 Replies 2

Hi Jeremy,
You should be fine managing old VCS versions with that version of TMS. Just confirming that you're not still using TMS Agent provisioning for old Movi users? Other than that, there should be no issues.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There are no issues with TMS15.8 and VCS X8.x.  This will work fine.

TMS Agent mentioned by @Nick Halbert-Lillyman wasn't available in TMS14.x, so that won't cause you any issues.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.