Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS and TCS Server Security Upgrades

Bob Fitzgerald
Level 4
Level 4

Hey there everyone!

On the Tandberg website, there is a page that has OS Security upgrades that have been tested for use with the Management server and the Content server.  However, the last time that was updated was 9/2010.  Is there a comparable download page here on the Cisco site, with hopefully more up to date releases?  I've looked, but couldn't find any.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I asked one of the old TANDBERG engineers, who is now with Cisco, about just this, and he advised he'd been using the normak Windows Update feature, even for the TCS, and if there was a problem, he would just roll back that particular update.

I've been doing just that with our TMS server, and haven't had a problem yet.

The second generation TCS servers are not appliances, and does not look anything like the first generation servers, so I'll be starting to do the same with TCS as soon as the remainder 2 have been replaced with the newer, industrial looking hardware.

Cisco had an upgrade deal in place for a while, might even still be the case, as they're keen to get rid of the old TANDBERG TCS boxes - well, that's the impression I got anyway.

cheers jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Good point, I wondered about this as well, what I know and which holds the last update form the 16 sept 2010

is: http://ftp.tandberg.com/pub/software/device_security/

For Cisco you have the software navigator:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/navigator.html

But there I only found the application but not os updates.

I am not sure if the TMS or TCS updates might also include some Os updates, but I would doubt.

Anyhow, would be nice to get some info from Cisco.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

I asked one of the old TANDBERG engineers, who is now with Cisco, about just this, and he advised he'd been using the normak Windows Update feature, even for the TCS, and if there was a problem, he would just roll back that particular update.

I've been doing just that with our TMS server, and haven't had a problem yet.

The second generation TCS servers are not appliances, and does not look anything like the first generation servers, so I'll be starting to do the same with TCS as soon as the remainder 2 have been replaced with the newer, industrial looking hardware.

Cisco had an upgrade deal in place for a while, might even still be the case, as they're keen to get rid of the old TANDBERG TCS boxes - well, that's the impression I got anyway.

cheers jens

Hi Jens,

Why do you consider the new TCS hardware to not be an appliance? It seems quite similar to the original TCS, but with much better specs and capabilities.

Guess because they don't look like an appliance, but looks just like any old server, very industrial looking ,whereas the first generation was supplied in specifically built chassis with nice LCD display etc, lookinglike an appliance - and TANDBERG told us they were just that

Might not be the right way of looking at it, but you really can't tell what the second gen boxes do without the flimsy sticker on it.

Having said that, yes, the hardware is much better than the old boxes, and works well, transcoding etc is much quicker, so I'm happy with it - we're currently got 2 first generation boxes and one second generation box which replaced a faulty first generation box.

I guess testing security upgrades like TANDBERG used to do is not something Cisco does, just like they don't supply the videoconferencig gear with the relevant option keys or latest software versions installed prior to delivery - which TANDBERG also did.

cheers jens