Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS automatically reconnect to conference question

Jeff Gilbertson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are using TMS 15.2.1 with Conductor XC4.2. My question is that when a participant is dropped from a scheduled call and the TMS reconnects them, is there a setting on our Cisco endpoints that will allow the reconnect without acknowledgement from the users in the conference?

We have a mix of Cisco C40, SX20, and SX80 units - currently if someone is dropped out of the conference and the TMS reconnects them they will see a message on screen asking if they want to rejoin the conference. Is there a way to bypass this message so that they just reconnect automatically.

Thanks

Jeff

9 Replies 9

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeff - no there is not. The reason is simple - what if you dropped from the call deliberately? You would not want the unit to automatically reconnect. TMS would have no way to know whether the drop was intentional or not. 

Make sense?

Yes - the issue we have is that most of these are in a classroom setup and don't have the remote controls with them so if there is a disconnect they are stuck at that yes/no screen until a tech can bring a remote to the room

We get that message sometimes on our rooms. There isn't a way to clear that reconnect message that appears on the endpoint without using the remote control or touch panel, and there is no way to disable it either. 

I am also running into an issue using TMS and Polycom HDX 8000's. Do you know if the auto reconnect function for a scheduled TMS conference works with the Polycom's? 

I have a test unit that I have been working with and it will not reconnect to a scheduled conference in TMS

TMS will not auto reconnect endpoints that disconnect from a conference, be it on purpose or due to network related issues. Someone has to manually reconnect the endpoint to the conference either using TMS or from the endpoint itself. The only time TMS will auto reconnect an endpoint is at the start of the conference, if the endpoint fails to connect for the first time, this is configured in the "Conference Connection" section under Admin Tools > Configuration > Conference Settings. 

With our current setup if I have a scheduled conference through TMS that has a Cisco and Polycom endpoint on it - if I hang up the Cisco, after 30 seconds I get a message asking if I want to reconnect to the conference. If I hang up the Polycom I do not get the prompt.

The yes/no reconnect prompt will not work with third-party endpoints, as it's a feature of Cisco endpoints when using TMS. 

Well shoot - not the answer I wanted to hear but you have answered my question. Thanks for the help on this.

Rakesh Kuniyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On TMS go to Administrative Tools --- Configuration---Conference Settings. See the attached picture option. Set this option to “No”.