Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS disconnecting ad hoc calls

Bob Fitzgerald
Level 4
Level 4

Hello!

A customer is reporting that when an endpoint already in an ad hoc call is then scheduled via TMS, the ad hoc call is disconnected in favor of the scheduled call.  I was able to reproduce this.  Here are our variables;

TMS 13.2.2

Administrative Tools>Configuration>Network Settings> set to ON

VCS X7.2.1

C90 TC6.1.1

EX90 TC6.1.1

1700MXP F9.3.1

C90 is in ad hoc call with EX90.  A conference between the EX90 and 1700MXP is scheduled via the Booking>New conference page in TMS to start immediately.  In the Add Participants window the EX90 is not shown to be in a conference, and so TMS does not throw a warning saying the EX90 can't be booked.  We save the conference and the EX90 is disconnected from its ad hoc call, to be connected a moment later to the 1700MXP.

We have also tried this with Administrative Tools>Configuration>Network Settings> set to OFF.  No change in behavior.  I saw in another post where Kjetil Ree said that, "You cannot prevent TMS from disconnecting ad-hoc calls when scheduled  calls are starting. Scheduled calls always take precedence."  Is there really no way to change this behavior?

I saw in the TMS14.2.1 release notes a couple of Bug IDs (CSCuf79069, CSCug27660) that may be coming into play, but I didn't find the error strings in the logs.

So, the important question is:  Is there a way to prevent a TMS scheduled call from disconnecting an ad hoc call in progress?

Thanks!

15 Replies 15

Hi Kjetil,

That's ok, I opened a ticket with TAC to see if this is an undocumented bug. 

Thanks!