Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Phone Book on Spark Room Kit

Hi,

This is a simple question, but I don't have a Room kit here to test with myself. Can you see Phone Book on touch panel connected to Cisco Spark Room Kit ?
I have hooked up a room kit to TMS phone book, and verified that I can see the directory from the web gui. But, customer can't see any phone book on the touch panel.
Is it different on room kit that on other telepresence systems ?

Best regards
Christian

16 Replies 16

For at least the CUCM phonebook you have to click the "Call" button on the main Touch page then there will be a search bar at the top for searching or navigate to the directory "tab" when on the call page.

Haven't tested with TMS but I assume there is some similarities.

Edit: Added a screen shot of the touch panel with directory access.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Spark Room Kits run CE9, in CE9 they moved the directory search icon that appears on the main page in CE8 and earlier, into the call page - so you now have a single combined call and directory search page.  Refer to the screenshot in Joshua's reply for reference.

xujf
Level 1
Level 1

I can not see phone book on room kit. room kit version is CE9.1.3. it resigter to VCS-E and VCS-C is phone book server.

DX80 work well .

Could you help me ?

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We have a number of Spark Room Kit devices registered on-prem to our VCS-Controls and have the TMS Phonebooks presenting correctly on the devices.

Note - you must be running TMS15.5 to support the Spark Room Kit.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you .

Must  I download configure template for Room kit ? I cannot find template for room kit.

I'm not sure what template you are referring to.  If you just add your RoomKit to TMS as per any other endpioint, you can assign one of your TMS phonebooks to it - you don't specifically need to assign any template to the device.

If you do want to add a TMS Configuration Template to the RoomKit device, your template would contain the "Cisco TelePresence CE Endpoints" system type settings as they run the "CE" software (similar to the SX/MX/DX endpoints that also run CE).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi, Wayne:

Thank you.

The template I refer to TMS configuration template.  I have download configuration  template for SX10/20,DX70/80, and assign them  in  user settings portal, but Cisco guys told me there are no template for room kit now, TMS will support room kit untill Version 15.6.

so I can not use TMS for room kit provision now.

Room kit locate in enterprise private network and register to VCS that locate in public internet cloud.it is not premise deployment.   Room kit - Firewall/NAT-Internet-VCS/E-VCS/C-TMS.

Based on my understand, endpoint  will present its device type to TMS in  subsribe request.  TMS will select configuration template  based on device type, such as SX10,SX20.  

if is there no special configuration template for room kit,  may I create it  by myself? 

I have Cisco TMS on 15.2.1 version and i am even not able to add Cisco Spark plus endpoint. Please suggest

TMS 15.2.1 doesn’t support Spark Room Series endpoints, you need to upgrade to 15.5 or later. 

TMS 15.5 Release Notes

We already have one Cisco Spark Codec added as an endpoint with our existing TMS server (15.1.2) but unfortunately it is not allowing us to add any further Spark Coded plus device.

The working end point and the not working endpoint are running on same software version - CE 9.1.4 3ae3106 2017-08-30. What can be the issue over here?

What message are you presented with when you try to add the second one? Recommend you upgrade to TMS 15.5 as that is the supported version for Spark Room Kits, if you try to add them to an version below that, you can run into some issues, perhaps what you're facing at the moment.

Hi,

Is there any challenges for spark room kit and spark plus with Express C & E gatekeeper?

Actually I heard that few of Spark series models not supporting Express C & E gatekeeper concept! any comments  on this?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Ashwin

The only Spark (now Webex) endpoint that doesn't work with conventional on premise infrastructure (CUCM, VCS, TMS, Expressway, etc) is the Webex/Spark Board. That is cloud registered only. The kits/room series will work the same as SX, MX, etc. That is of course assuming you are up to date with your software versions. 

nguyenchavago
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue like Christian described. My Room Kit registered to CUCM and also get phonebook from TMS when web access to the unit. On my touch10, I did not see Directory, only Recent and I can search VC room and make call. My room kit is at CE 9.2.0.

Any help would be aprreciated

Thanks,

Charlie