cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Phonebook - AD contacts

Rod.Blackie
Level 1
Level 1

I've recently upgraded to 14.1 and tmspe. During the upgrade I migrated my legacy tms entries into the new tmpe solution. The legacy data contained 5 groups with users in each group. When I log into MOVI as a legacy user and search for phonebook entries everything works as expected.

The problem I have is this - I've created a new group and imported my Active Directory users. I can log into MOVI as an Active Directory user however when I try and search for users/endpoints in MOVI nothing is displayed.

I've checked the access control for the provisioning phone book at have ticks next to all my other phone book entries.

Anyone and ideas?

Thanks

Rod

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rod

The first thing that comes to my mind is the provisioning information. If you have created a new group you have also assigned that group a provisioning template right? Is that template different from the other groups? Since for the other users the phonebooks is working what is the difference between these users and the AD users?

Do the AD users have the phonebook configuration phonebook@sipdomain.com?

/Magnus

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rod

The first thing that comes to my mind is the provisioning information. If you have created a new group you have also assigned that group a provisioning template right? Is that template different from the other groups? Since for the other users the phonebooks is working what is the difference between these users and the AD users?

Do the AD users have the phonebook configuration phonebook@sipdomain.com?

/Magnus

gubadman
Level 3
Level 3

Is this the new users cannot access the phone books?

If so have you waited for longer than the TMS-PE phonebook service polling interval between creating the users in TMS-PE and the users trying to access the phone books? (default is 1 day). The lowest it will go is 1 hour, poll happens, the new users wont have access to the phone books.

Thanks,

Guy

And if it has been past the polling period on the PB service and/or you have done a full sync and still users in this new group still don't see the PBs, then ensure the new group as access to the PB, i.e. Access Control Tab on the PB itself.

Hi

Sorry for the late response - I had a failed firewall to deal with yesterday. Thanks for the feedback.

It seems my problem was related to the template configuraitons. I tried to apply a template that was generated for one of the other address groups to the new AD group. To resolve my problem I created a new template, applied my settings and then applied it directly to the AD group.

Now I can view my address books.

Many thanks for all your thoughts/feedback. Hopefully this helps someone else.

Rod

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: