Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS server installation

Bochkaryov
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Expert,

Apologies if this has already been asked (and answered). We are currently using TMS 13.2 (with Provisioning) installed on Tanderg Management Suite Server.

Is it possible to install TMS v.13.2  on our own MS Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008 which is comply to all harware and software requirements specified in Cisco_TMS_Install_Getting_Started_Guide_13-1-2. Maybe we need something else?

Many thanks in advance,

Nick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, i cant find the link to the post in this app but the question is answered by Dale Ritchie in another thread if you search for 'appliance 13 to 14'. I have copied in his answer:

The TMS Appliance should be able to handle an upgrade to 14.2.1...although we are removing support for Windows 2003 Server soon and the TMS Appliance is EOS/EOLed.

Therefore, I would recommend you migrate the TMS application and TMS SQL db (aka tmsng) to a customer owned server, i.e. either HW or VMware.

And if you do the "migrate", note that you will require to obtain new release key for the TMS since the TMS release keys for the former TMS Appliance began with 80Bxxxxx and the sw itself begins with 80Axxxxx. To do this, see the following instructions:

1. Customer must first order a base copy of TMS using CTI-TMS-SW-K9. This will provide them with a non-appliance/software-only serial number that will begin with 80Axxxxx. As it is the base-software, it will come with 10 system licenses. So, they are effectively purchasing 10 additional systems from what they had before.

2. Once they have the new serial number, call TAC and ask for an SR to be raised with GLO (Global Licensing Operations). This is a re-hosting request for the options on their TMS Server appliance, with a serial number that begins with 80Bxxxxx, to be re-hosted to the new software-only serial number (again, begins with 80Axxxxx).

3. GLO will forward the request on to the TMS PLM. The TMS PLM typically approves most, if not all of the items on the request.

4. Customer will receive back a new PAK (Product Authorization Key) to run against their 80Axxxxx serial number from the cicso.com/go/licensing page. They can then update their existing TMS install with the new release key. After pressing Save, this will update the serial number at the bottom right corner of the web browser. Then all they have to do is add the option keys one by one and press Save when done.

rgds,

Dale

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, i cant find the link to the post in this app but the question is answered by Dale Ritchie in another thread if you search for 'appliance 13 to 14'. I have copied in his answer:

The TMS Appliance should be able to handle an upgrade to 14.2.1...although we are removing support for Windows 2003 Server soon and the TMS Appliance is EOS/EOLed.

Therefore, I would recommend you migrate the TMS application and TMS SQL db (aka tmsng) to a customer owned server, i.e. either HW or VMware.

And if you do the "migrate", note that you will require to obtain new release key for the TMS since the TMS release keys for the former TMS Appliance began with 80Bxxxxx and the sw itself begins with 80Axxxxx. To do this, see the following instructions:

1. Customer must first order a base copy of TMS using CTI-TMS-SW-K9. This will provide them with a non-appliance/software-only serial number that will begin with 80Axxxxx. As it is the base-software, it will come with 10 system licenses. So, they are effectively purchasing 10 additional systems from what they had before.

2. Once they have the new serial number, call TAC and ask for an SR to be raised with GLO (Global Licensing Operations). This is a re-hosting request for the options on their TMS Server appliance, with a serial number that begins with 80Bxxxxx, to be re-hosted to the new software-only serial number (again, begins with 80Axxxxx).

3. GLO will forward the request on to the TMS PLM. The TMS PLM typically approves most, if not all of the items on the request.

4. Customer will receive back a new PAK (Product Authorization Key) to run against their 80Axxxxx serial number from the cicso.com/go/licensing page. They can then update their existing TMS install with the new release key. After pressing Save, this will update the serial number at the bottom right corner of the web browser. Then all they have to do is add the option keys one by one and press Save when done.

rgds,

Dale

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Dear Magnus,

Thanks for your answer. Could you please advise if our existing option keys will match to the new app with 80Axxxxx serial number.

Hi

You current option keys will not be usable but you will get new ones which are option keys for the same (systems, integrations and options you already have) but matches your new release key. Point 2 explains this that you request for the options to be re-hosted.

You should be good by following the steps in Dales explaination.

/Magnuz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: