Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS User Portal: The connection was reset. TMS 14.6.0 + TMSPE 1.4.0.8

Hello,

I am building a small CMR setup in my lab for a customer demo.

The problem is that TMS User Portal is not accessible and shows "The connection was reset". Everything else works fine.

I struggle to find any reference on similar issues. Can somebody please suggest where to start looking?

The setup details:

Windows Server 2012 Std, x64

SQL Server 2008 R2

Thank you in advance,

Best regards,

Dmitry.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I figured it out, my fault as usual =( Certificate issued by AD was not allowed for data encription for some reason thus not sutable for SSL. TMS User Portal uses only HTTPS and that was obviously failing.

Thank you Patrick, you comment on Java 8 was spot on - release notes clearly say it is not supported.

Best regards,

Dmitry.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What version of Java are you running on the server?

I have just upgraded to the latest 8.1 update 31 x64. It did not work before with the default 7.1 too.

Thank you,

Dmitry.

The recommended Java version that is supported and known working is Java 7 U51.  Java 8 might work, but can't say for certain there might not be issues.

Is this a new install you just started, since you said it's for lab?

Yeah, it is a new setup. It is a lot of configuration there though, it would be nice to avoid re-configuring all this stuff again

Well your previous posts ruled out my next suggestion, was to ask if you had performed a reboot yet after installing TMS and TMSPE.  I know sometimes a reboot is required even though the install doesn't prompt you.

Since you might have to re-install TMSPE, suggest you try Java 7 U51 and start there.

I have installed jre-7u51-windows-x64.exe form the Java site. Installation went well, Java console shows 'enabled'. However, if I start TMS locally (127.0.0.1) and navigate to the Conference Control Center - it says:

"Java support has not been detected. This page requires Java to be installed and enabled in your browser. Java may not be installed, or may be disabled in your browser due to configuration or security settings."

What am I missing?

I always run 32bit Java, it might be because you're running 64bit, and TMS is installed in the Program Files (x86) directory.  Just a guess, I don't have a way to test it at the moment to verify.

The same issue after reinstalling TMSPE... Ok, will try with x32 version tomorrow. Thank you Patrick!

Ok, installed Java 7 u51 x32 which works now. Re-installed TMSPE, the same problem... I cannot believe it to be honest. Fresh setup, almost no options to make a mistake - there must be something wrong with these releases.

Can somebody please advise? I can even give you access if you need.

Thank you,

Dmitry.

I figured it out, my fault as usual =( Certificate issued by AD was not allowed for data encription for some reason thus not sutable for SSL. TMS User Portal uses only HTTPS and that was obviously failing.

Thank you Patrick, you comment on Java 8 was spot on - release notes clearly say it is not supported.

Best regards,

Dmitry.

Glad you figured it out.  I wouldn't have thought to look at AD certificates.

You could use Java 8, but only what the install guides have listed is what is tested by Cisco to be known working without issue.  That doesn't mean Java 8 won't work, but that doesn't mean you won't run into unknown issue either.

I updated to Java 8 u31 again and Java started working. I believe there is some issue with Java 7 on Win2K12 or I miss somthing. Going to re-install TMSPE...

Interesting, I have just run Windows update which applied 46 important updates. After reboot all the CMR related configuration options disappeared. No CMR Temaplate option etc. I think I probably need to reinstall TMSPE.

Dmitry.