cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS-XE with Office365 in the Cloud

Jem Taylor
Level 1
Level 1

Is anyone successfully using TMS-XE to integrate with Office365 purely in the cloud?  We can't get the initial setup to complete, and our Microsoft team maintain that TMS-XE is at fault  . . . am we missing something?

13 Replies 13

shawnangelo
Level 1
Level 1

What is the 365 tenant version and what are the TMS/TMSXE versions?

We are using the EMEA Academic (University) variant of Office365 and are at the current general release (Wave 15?)

On TMS we are at 15.0.0 and TMS-XE 5.0 both installed on servers within our datacentre on private addressing, using windows servers within our on-prem AD domain.

To get to Office365 we are using the same (proven, several years in service) autodiscover mechanisms that all our users use with Outlook on WIndows Desktop.

The account we have created on Office365 works fine as a user account for webmail and can access the resource accounts.

However during setup of TMS-XE we get a failure during the 'connect to office' phase.

You can find the exact 365 tenant version by performing the steps in the following link:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh534377(v=exchg.150).aspx#verify

"Official" support is up to and including 15.0.898.9. As far as I can tell it should still function past that but is not supported by TAC.

Also, have you configured the AD user for the mailbox as well (if your 365/ADdeployment is integrated then you probably already have)? Cisco TMSXE supports Office 365-based deployments with both CAS and mailbox servers in the cloud. For all deployments, Active Directory must be on premises in order to work with Cisco TMS, Cisco TMSXE must access the same Active Directory as Cisco TMS. 

Have you created the Service User properly?

Creating a Cisco TMSXE Service User in Active Directory In Exchange Management Console, create a new user mailbox as a service user for Cisco TMSXE with the username and password of your choice. The service user will let Cisco TMSXE connect to Exchange and Cisco TMS.

1. In Cisco TMS, go to Administrate Tools > User Administrations > Users.

2. Click New.

3. Add the details for the previously created Cisco TMSXE service user.

4. Permissions in Cisco TMS are controlled on a group level. You must do one of the following:     — Add the account to a group with a smaller subset of permissions, see Setting Up Minimal Required Permissions, page 20 below.

— Add the service user to the site administrator group, which has universal access. For each integrated system, the service user must also have the right to book. This is enabled by default for all default user groups in Cisco TMS.

Setting Up Minimal Required Permissions In order for Cisco TMSXE to be able to book endpoints and access booking information from Cisco TMS, you must make the service user a site administrator or a member of a group that has the following permissions:

■ Read and Book under Systems > Navigator > Select a system > Folder and System Permissions > System Permissions.

■ Read under Systems > Navigator > Select a folder > Folder and System Permissions > Folder Permissions for all the folders above the system in Cisco TMS folder structure.

To view and/or modify the permissions for a Cisco TMS user group:

1. Go to Administrative Tools > User Administration > Groups.

2. Hover over the group you want, click the drop-down arrow and select Set Permissions.

3. Under Booking, make sure enabled permissions include: —

List Conferences - All

• Read

• Update — Misc

• Booking

• Book on behalf of

• Approve Meeting

4. Click Save if any modifications have been made. 

The Cisco TMSXE server must: be configured to use a DNS server with service records for the Active Directory domain of the Exchange server, and have network access to Active Directory, meaning no firewall must be blocking traffic, and LDAP and Global Catalog must be open. The communication will be authenticated using the Cisco TMSXE Exchange service user account

AdminDisplayVersion     : 0.20 (15.1.274.20)

Even though that is past the supported version, I would run through the configuration items above and make sure they are all correct and give it another swing.

The compatibility issue from what I understand (in previous versions of TMSXE) was that Microsoft changed the syntax in the API for 365, which broke the integration with TMSXE. That being said, I would imagine you would still get past the discovery phase even if this is again the case with the newer 365 version.

Unfortunately I have not done a TMSXE integration with that specific version of 365 so I cannot say confidently that I know it will work. However I am leaning towards it being a configuration issue considering where in the process the integration is failing.

Also, I just noticed you said "purely in the cloud" does that imply that you do not have an on-premise AD environment? If you do not have on-premise AD this will not work.

Hi, all.

Hoping for some current guidance here.  Getting mixed messages from Cisco/Partner at this point.

We are currently in non-AD mode with TMS/TMSXE to Exchange 2010 and migrating to O365 cloud.  I've been told that we MUST migrate to AD mode in order to integrate with O365, however the deployment guide states only that it is recommended.

Can anyone confirm a working O365 with TMS/XE in non-AD mode? 

Any issues with being in hybrid Exchange mode?  Our auto discover will redirect to the cloud for mailboxes not found locally.

Thank you.

Response Signature

What specifically do you mean by "AD-mode". TMS Server being joined to domain, or TMS serer using AD for authentication? Or both?

Can you provide the exact excerpt from the guide you are referring to?

Hi, and thanks for your reply.  I think I have had this cleared up now, but I was not referencing documentation per se.  If you look at this guide: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/install_guide/Cisco-TMS-install-guide-15-1.pdf, 2 sections address what I was getting mixed signals on:

- User Management

- Active Directory and User Authentication Requirements

We were being told that we *must* use AD mode (user authentication), which necessitates domain membership.  This use of *must* was not what the guide said, so I was at odds with Cisco/Partner.  Turns out, it is, as the guide says, "strongly recommended".  We're not going to do it just yet.

Thanks for the reply.

Response Signature

you need to have the autodiscovery enabled,
make sure your fqdn of the service account matching the gc,
our problem was the fqdn wasnt matching the gc!, to solve this problem one of cisco tmsxe developers had to do some scripting to tmsxe to have it talking with office 365 "in the cloud no CAS servers on premises"

good luck... 

Ali

Barry Oliver
Level 1
Level 1

Try this...

Installing with Non-AD Mode To be able to run Cisco TMSXE in Non-Active Directory mode, launch the Cisco TMSXE installer by entering the fol lowing on the command line:

TMSXESetup.msi NONADCONNECTIONMODE=1

Check the box for Non-Active Directory Mode

Then follow the regular instructions for installation in this document until you get to the configuration stage

Hi all!

We are testing TMS 14.5, TMSXE 4.1 and O365 without AD. It's working but the bookings made in O365 are seen in TMS with no subject/title or blank. Have you notice it? OBTP is working fine for O365 bookings.

BR,

Enrique

Hi Enrique,

Our current autodiscovery URL is pointing to the on-prem Exchange instead of O365. I am planning to reinstall TMSXE with non-AD mode, does OBTP work with non-AD mode? I confirmed with a Cisco TAC, he said no. Can you confirm?

Thanks a lot.