cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMSPE Service

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I noticed that the TMSPE service is set to Manual, it's default action from installation.  Should it remain set to Manual, or be changed to Automatic?  I'd like to make sure that for whatever reason, just in case, it is running on our TMS server if the server ever restarted.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Yea

It started in manual mode for me at least. But if you are worried just set it to automatic.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

In TMS 13.2.x, it should start even when set to 'manual', as one of the other services starts it for you.

This will change in TMS 14.x, where you have to explicitly change the TMEPE service to 'automatic' for it to start automatically.

Regards,

Kjetil

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Tomato Tomato I would say.

Tested with both, and no issues...

/Magnus

Thanks.  Main thing I'm afraid of is, that with it set to manual by default, that it will not start, and the Provisioning Extension will fail etc.

Yea

It started in manual mode for me at least. But if you are worried just set it to automatic.

/Magnus

In TMS 13.2.x, it should start even when set to 'manual', as one of the other services starts it for you.

This will change in TMS 14.x, where you have to explicitly change the TMEPE service to 'automatic' for it to start automatically.

Regards,

Kjetil

Thanks for the info Kjetil - it's good to know that in pre 13.2.x that at least another service will start it.  I've already set it to automatic as Mangus had mentioned, and will keep it that way as per your comments regarding the next TMS release.

Thanks!

If TMSPE is set to manual, then it will be started by the TMSAgentService, which should be set to Automatic, so either way it'll work. Interesting to hear about the change in TMS 14.0 though.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

The legacy TMS Agent is out of TMS 14, so the corresponding service is gone as well. That's why the TMSPE service won't start automatically in 14.x.

We'll change this in the next TMSPE release though, so that the service by default is set to start automatically.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Aha - hmmm, so what else is new in 14 - any hints?

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.