Views
Helpful
Replies

TP Licensing Issue

ainaraza1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi;

I am using Telepresence Server with TP conductor and Cisco VCS. I have 3 screen licenses and I am using the below mentioned parameters for calling which will use 1 and 1/2 license per call which means that only two participants can talk to each other in a conference as 1+1+1/2+1/2 = 3. The problem is that when the 2nd participant tries to join the meeting, it doesn't let him to do that. I checked the licenses on TP conductor and it says 79% of utilization.

Any help will be appreciated.

1080p30

Stereo

720p30

1 and 1/2

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

How many TP servers do you have? If you have only 1 TP server, there's no need for you to set the maximum number of cascades configured on the Conductor conference templates. This would be your problem since it will affects the resources that are reserved on the primary TP server for connections to additional conference bridges but in your case you don't have.

Set the value to 0 in this case.

regards,

Acevirgil

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

What are the endpoints joining in the conference? 

TP server firmware version?

Conductor firmware version?

VCS firmware version?

Could you also share the screenshot of  conference template configuration on the Conductor that this conference is utilizing.

Under Conference configuration > Conference templates

regards,

Acevirgil

Thankyou for your reply.

Conductor Version is XC4.0

VCS Version is X8.6.1

TP Server is 4.2

How many TP servers do you have? If you have only 1 TP server, there's no need for you to set the maximum number of cascades configured on the Conductor conference templates. This would be your problem since it will affects the resources that are reserved on the primary TP server for connections to additional conference bridges but in your case you don't have.

Set the value to 0 in this case.

regards,

Acevirgil

After setting value of cascading from 1 to 0 it worked. Yet there is another issue which is not regarding licensing.

Today I created a new search rule on vcs i.e test@ny.com and the same alias i created on tp conductor but when I am calling from any endpoint, the call is rejected.

As per the logs on vcs, it says that "Call Rejected" and "No detail found"

Regards,

Could you tell us what is your current dial plan for the conference aliases?

Could you also share a screenshot on how you configured your search rules on the VCS targeting Conductor as neighbor zone.

regards,

Acevirgil

Thank you for reply. We are currently using bank.alhabib.com as an alias and i need to use any other except bank.alhabib.com

Regards,

Is the conference template and alias set to allow the conference to be created?

• "Scheduled conference" on the conference template is set to No.
  • "Allow conference to be created" on the conference alias is set to "Yes".

You can check your Conductor dial plan by going to Maintenance > Tools > Check dial plan.  This will tell you what an incoming call into Conductor will do, what conference alias it matches if any, and what conference template it will use.

Also, it's recommended that any VCS search rule that is routes to Conductor, should be set to Stop on successful match.

It worked after putting the alias in parenthesis as the conference name was "\1"

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Most issues like this are related to an incorrectly configured conference template, as Acevirgil mentions, please provide a screenshot of the conference template that you're using.