Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TP Server license usage status

Hi,

When I do an Ad Hoc conference with 3 IP Phones 8945 (VGA 30 fps) at 384 kbps I see the following :

Active, 3 endpoints , 3 screens

Screen license.jpg       

Does it means I'm using 3 screen license for this low quality (384 kbps, audio included) conference ?

In the statistics below, I transmit 320 kbps video from my 8945, but I receive 1 Mbit/s (first screenshot) or 8.50 Mbit/s (2nd screenshot)

Conference Rx.jpg

Conference stats.jpg

Do I receive 1 Mbit/s or 8.50 Mbit/s ? Can someone clarify ?

And is it normal to receive so much as other endpoints transmit 384 kbps only ?

The template used on Conductor is set to "360p 30 fps video, mono audio"

Thanks,

JC

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Robb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jean-Christophe,

On the first question - this only indicates number of endpoints and number of screens -  If you add a 3 screen system it would indicate 1 endpoint and 3 screens.

Regarding Screen License use - the TPS 3.1 release notes indicate one 360p30 would use an 1/8th of a Screen License.

- Jonathan

Thanks for your answer Jonathan.

Is there a way to see used / remaining available licenses onto the virtual TP server, web or CLI ?

Or maybe onto the conductor ?

JC

I did not check it with the TPS, but on the conductor under Status you have

"Conference bridge status". What do you see there?

I agree with you it should be possible to read out and display the usage and available ports.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Martin,

You're right we can see usage there.

Below an example of a 6 * ip Phone 8945 conference type Meeting, Participant quality 360p.

What I don't understand is the relationship between licensing on Conductor and on virtual TP Server.

We can see "Video call resources: Screen licenses=2 , Calls=104" on Conductor.

But on my virtual TP Server I have 12 screen licenses, not 2.

Why does my conductor restricts to 2 screen license despite I've a vTP with 12 screen licenses ?

JC.

TAC case is under process...

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Solved.

The VM was badly set up with 12 vCPU. Choice is normally between 16 vCPU to 20 vCPU

However with 20 vCPU with 1 VM, maximum is 6 screen licenses.

JC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: