Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to change conference video layout under CMR portal

Criss Sawyer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

i'm deploying CMR on premises (TMSPE--Conductor-->Telepresence Server). when user change layout under CMR portal the changes does not take effect even after calling back to meeting room

any ideas please?

12 Replies 12

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's working for me whenever I change my CMR layout.

What software versions are you running, also include the Java version used with TMSPE?

Have you checked to see if the layout is updating for your CMR within Conductor: Status > Collaboration meeting rooms?

You can also enable diagnostic logging (Maintenance > Diagnostics > Diagnostic logging) on the Conductor and see if it's receiving the update from TMSPE, below is an example of what to look for:

Event="System Configuration Changed" Node="clusterdb@<IP_Address>" PID="<0.2719.0>" Detail="xconfiguration conferencefactoryconferenceprofile uuid be1d949f-0b66-40da-afed-fd5b6d52d6a9 layout - changed from: equal to: active"

Hello Partick,

thx for your help.

i'm using TMSPE, with Conductor XC4.0 and vTP 4.1.

i'm not sure about java version. but i'm able to change other parameters like PIN, auto dial and conf name. is there anything particular to video layout?

regards,

The reason I ask about Java is often people install or update Java to a version that isn't supported, and TMSPE dosen't play nice when that happens.  What version is TMS and TMSPE?

Do you see anything in the CMR status or logs within Conductor when you change the layout of your CMR?

Have you tried to delete your CMR and set it back up again?

hello partick,

i'm using tmspe 1.5 with TMS 15 on the same server.  i'can see that java 8 is not installed and erlier version are supported for TMSPE. i'm not sure about java version on web browsers.

i tried to delete CMR and set it again with no success.

for the log, i'm planning to check them tomorrow. i'm not sure if i should activate any  template parameter (JSON or else) to enable changing video layout or it is enabled by default.

thank once again for your valuable help

I'm running one version ahead of you for TMS, TMSPE, etc - I have a very basic template setup with our TelePresence Server, nothing special.

TMSPE 1.5 supports Java 7 Update 79.

hello patrick,

the  same java version should be installed on on TMSPE and Client PCs right?

Client PC doesn't matter, TMS Portal doesn't require Java, but TMSPE on the server does.

Hello

actualy, i have Java 1.7 update 55. i have check CMR under conductor, it recieves updates from TMSPE but unable to make change under Endpoint screen.

Crdlt,

Hello, 

i just want to add that layout change doest effect during a call

Ok partick, thx for your help. i will try to do so.

i just want to know if it is possible to change layout for users during the conference or  change will take effect on the next conference made?

Changes will only affect CMRs that haven't been started, when no one has connected yet.

Might have to contact TAC, could be something simple, or complex, not sure at this point to be honest.  If you do contact them, be sure to let us know what the issue was,