Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade firmware cisco MX300 y MX200

telepresencia
Level 1
Level 1

good community,

I have an MX300 with version TC7.2.1.cb31c3d and I would like to take it to the recommended CE9.15.16.5

but it won't let me download the firmware of the previous versions because they tell me that it is "deferral notice"

It also happens to me with the MX200 version TC7.3.7.01c84fd, I cannot bring it to its recommended version.

Could you help me get those firmware and know what jumps I should make to reach the recommended version?

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The release notes state that you can upgrade from TC7.3.6+ to CE9 but you’ll likely need to follow the step upgrade process described in that same doc.

As for the MX300, I see that TC7.3.21 still available on Cisco.com. Update to that and then do a step upgrade to get to CE 9.15.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As @Jonathan Schulenberg suggested, it would be best to upgrade both the devices to TC7.3.21 first, and then from there to the latest CE9 software release available.  As those devices are older ones, you won't need to worry about the file size limit and additional step-upgrade process as you would possibly have to for some of the newer endpoints.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

One additional note - are these MX's G1 or G2? If you're not sure - do they have a white bezel or black. If the bezel and touch panel are black, they are G1's, and do not support CE code. If they are white they are G2's and Wayne and Jonathan gave you what you need.