cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Use Speakertrack 60 as standalone (no codec)

RLMRD
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am wondering how works the tracking system for a SpeakerTrack 60 device. It is an existing system, plugged in a SX80 codec.

Could I remove the SX80 codec and still use the SpeakerTrack 60 system, and its HDMI outputs, as "standard" cameras? Would it still be able to use its embedded microphones and face recognition to track speakers, without beeing plugged in a codec? Or is the tracking software in the codec, remote controlled with the ethernet connection between the SpeakerTrack and codec?

Many thanks,

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, the SpeakerTrack 60 relies on the codec to perform the face detection, active speaker triangulation, and camera PTZ movements; this will not work standalone.

Thank you for answering. I was thinking this might be the case.

Would I be able then to split HDMI signals to use them as is, and configure the codec as a brick, never use it for a call, and just you it as the camera controller?

Could I use the codec with no VC licence, just as a speakertrack computer, and set it and forget it?

Many thanks,

The SX80 is a power-hungry beast but you could configure one of the HDMI outputs to be a full screen self view. That would get you a 1080p output of whatever the camera sees, inclusive of SpeakerTrack framing if enabled.