Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS and LifeSize video units

Have not run into this yet, but I want to get ahead of the issue.

Has anyone had to have a LifeSize Video unit register to a VCS either with SIP or H.323?

Any issues or compatability problems?

Thanks.

(I will still try to move them to Cisco, but they may have had these from the past.)

5 Replies 5

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I know several customers deploy VCS solution with VCS, TelePresence MCU (either or both of 4200 series MCU and 4500 series MCU) with several model of LifeSize Endpoint and using it for quite some time already. Those LifeSize endpoint registered on VCS as H.323 Endpoint (haven’t hear any deployment with SIP configuration myself).

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

BTW, please take a look VCS release note where has list of known issue (based on internal test result and customer reported case).

Although this may not cover all Endpoint model or software version, should be good information for reference.

Known issue listed on X7.2 release note

===========================================================================

Model/SW/Protocol: Room / 4.6.0 / SIP

An H.323 call routed via Cisco VCS will be disconnected when the H.323 party puts the call on-hold.

Lifesize Room (SIP) incorrectly responds to Cisco SDP (media capability) offer.

This issue is resolved in Lifesize Room version 4.8.3.

Model/SW/Protocol: Room / 4.6.0 / SIP

A Movi SIP call routed via Cisco VCS will connect, however no video will be seen on the Lifesize Room.

Lifesize Room (SIP) incorrectly responds to Cisco SDP (media capability) offer.

Model/SW/Protocol: Room / 4.6.0 / H.323

A C20 or E20 SIP call routed via Cisco VCS will connect, however no video will be seen on the Lifesize Room.

C20 and E20 do not send media to Lifesize after call is connected.

Model/SW/Protocol: Room / 4.6.0 and 4.8.3 / H.323

A Movi SIP call routed via Cisco VCS will connect, however no video will be seen on the LifeSize Room system if an HD camera is used and the requested bandwidth is > 1MBps.

===========================================================================

AbdullahDB
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Richard,

we're having a bigger VCS infrastructure with Cisco and Polycom endpoints which are using SIP TLS with AES on.

We've been testing the interoperability between LifeSize Express 220 systems. The LS systems are directly setup in the internet and have no firewall to cross.

SIP TLS works for 50% at all. We can get LS registered at our VCS.

1st: When you look in the registration by device site you'll see that port 5061 is not adressed in the registration.

2nd: LS can make a dial-in.

3rd: LS can't be dialed by any other endpoints.

4th: Statement from LifeSize "We can't offer full interoperability with Cisco VCS environment when using SIP TLS. We haven't managed to fix it and neither Cisco is interested to offer full interoperability."

At least you can integrate it as H.323 client but not as SIP TLS.

I was able to register a Room 200 to our VCS via SIP TLS, but calls to the Lifesize time out.

H323 works better with Lifesize Systems, we have several systems with legacy Lifesize systems and new SX20 integrated to VCSC. Calls work fine bothways with H323.

Regards,
Paul

Regards, Paul

Paul,

Would you mind telling me the steps to register a third party H323 system on Call Manager?

Thanks,

Gus