Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Very loud screaching sound from quadcam

Morning,

I have a client that is experiencing a very weird sound coming from the quadcam of their cisco setup. Basically sounds like a bunch of old dot matrix printers all printing very loudly. This seems to happen intermittently and when the system is not in use. Sound stops when the codec is turned off or rebooted.

Does anyone have this issue or any pointers?

Many thanks!

6 Replies 6

Could be a hardware issue..

Response Signature

Could be... but that's why I'm asking on a forum if anyone else has had the issue before going down the 6 month lead time for a codec / quadcam.

Issue is happening again for this same client. has this occured for anyone? the sound is coming out ceiling speakers through external amp

Do you have Proximity enabled on the codec?  Perhaps it is the Ultrasound beacons that the codec is putting out for proximity that can't be replicated properly by your other external Audio equipment?

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

mradell
Level 1
Level 1

Without anything specific to go on, there could be multiple causes. I doubt it's software/Cisco related. This sounds more like the speakers picking up on some kind of em or radio interference. Does the environment these speakers reside in use and kind of PA system/overhead paging, radios (two way, am, fm, ham), large electric motors, generators, etc? These are all things that can cause interference. It could also be cause by improperly grounded or ungrounded electrical wiring near the wiring for the speakers. It could also just simply be a hardware defect. I'd try to reproduce the issue to find the source, and if you can't it may be time to replace hardware.

• Check the quadcam's power supply. If the power supply is not providing enough power.
  • Check the quadcam's software. There may be a software issue that is causing the fans to run too loudly.