cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video problem with MX-800 Telepresence unit

jonavs001
Level 1
Level 1

I am unable to select HDMI inputs 1 & 2 to view full screen. #3 is the only input allowing full screen with audio.

However, I can view the other inputs when I select "Share" on the touchscreen and display the split screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Can you connect the camera to HDMI1 and the cable box to HDMI3?  The MX800 is based on the SX80 codec, HDMI1 and 2 doesn't support audio, however HDMI3 does, refer to the SX80 Physical Interface Guide on pg 7.  HDMI1 and 2 are meant to be used with a camera, however you can use them with a presentation source, but the audio would need to be connected using one of the separate line in inputs.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Are you referring to camera video sources as HDMI inputs 1 & 2? On the touch 10, if you maximize the selfview what will happen?

Access the web interface of the system and check video settings under the SelfViewDefault > FullscreenMode if set to OFF. It should be ON.

Go to Configuration > System configuration > Video > SelfViewDefault > FullscreenMode: ON

regards,

Acevirgil

Hi Acevirgil,

Yes, camera video sources. If I recall correctly, I was unable to bring those inputs forward to full screen.

When using the touch 10, I cannot select those camera inputs. As though it does not recognize the input or source. The selection is on the screen, but does not leave input3, as if it was set to priority.

Thank you! 

I presume you have an MX800 with SpeakerTrack, because you mentioned HDMI1 and HDMI2 pertaining to the cameras.  To view the active SpeakerTrack camera fullscreen, tap the Camera icon in the top right, select Selfview and then Maximize.  SpeakerTrack will choose a camera automatically, however If you'd like to select and control a specific camera yourself, you'll need to turn off SpeakerTrack which will allow you to choose either HDMI1 or HDMI2 depending on which camera you want.  Refer to the Camera chapters in the user guides below depending on the software version of your MX800, notably the SpeakerTrack and Selfview sections.

MX800 User Guide (TC Software)

MX800 User Guide (CE Software)

Thanks Patrick. Here is the layout, inputs and sources:

Camera1(HDMI1) - cable box

Camera2(HDMI2)-MX800 Camera

PC(HDMI3) - PC

I can maximize each screen. But the only input giving audio is HDMI3 input.

So if I bring up the other inputs, the only audio heard is that of the PC.

We cant switch between the PC running audio and the cable box. The cable box audio will not follow the source selection. So we will see the cable box but hear the PC audio.

Same applies when we select HDMI2(MX800 camera) we have the camera full screen but hear the PC audio. 

Can you connect the camera to HDMI1 and the cable box to HDMI3?  The MX800 is based on the SX80 codec, HDMI1 and 2 doesn't support audio, however HDMI3 does, refer to the SX80 Physical Interface Guide on pg 7.  HDMI1 and 2 are meant to be used with a camera, however you can use them with a presentation source, but the audio would need to be connected using one of the separate line in inputs.

jonavs001
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you very much!!