Views
Helpful
Replies

Visio Conf Components

echiyahya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using a Cisco CUCM and IM&Presence system across three sites over MPLS for voice only.  Lately, we are looking for internal Multi-Party Video Conference solution across these three locations using SX20, SX10 and Jabber for mobile. 

Can I make a video conference with current equipments (CUCM and IM&Presence) or t is there are another bridge that I have to add ? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you can register a vTP to CUCM as a CFB.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I suggest you review this, page 18

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/solutions/PA/midmarket/11x/video11x.pdf

HTH

java

thaks Jaime for the suggestion. but what I want to know is with only 3 sites(one sx10, one sx20 and one jabber for mobile) can i only use CUCM with conference bridge without the TMS and Conductor ?

Yes, you can register a vTP to CUCM as a CFB.

HTH

java

can you explain more about vTP and CFB ?

You'll register the vTP to CUCM as a CFB, are you familiar with Cisco UC??

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/conferencing/telepresence-server/data_sheet_C78-7287571.html?cachemode=refresh

If not, perhaps you should be reaching out to a Cisco partner who can provide advice of what would work best on your particular environment to fulfill your needs for video conferencing.

HTH

java

yes im familiar with CUCM but I have not set before the CFB so i have one last question for clarification
For example:
I'll register an SX20 on CUCM to use it for video conference:
So is what I'm going to Register the SX20 as a device: device / phone / add new / SX20 ...
or
i must go directly to media resources / conference bridge / add new / choose the type of CFB /MAC address of the SX20...

The SX20 is an endpoint, not sure under what reasoning, you would try to add it as a CFB

If you're not familiar with media resources, which is something every single deployment I've ever seen uses, you probably want to read the media resources chapter from the system guide, and also the same chapter from the SRND.

HTH

java

OK thanks Jaime for your help :) i'll try to register vTelepresence Server with CUCM as CFB and SX20, SX10, Jabber for mobile  as endpoints.