cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice vlan issue with SX20

lfcooh
Level 1
Level 1

Our company have 2 vlan on every switch, data and voice vlan so when I turn off voice vlan on SX20, it cannot get ip from dhcp. My solution is remove voice vlan on the port switch. How can I do with this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Elias Sevilla Duarte
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is merely related to CDP. CDP is used for management traffic, which serves within its parameters, voice VLAN. If CDP is set to auto in the SX20, and the switches use CDP, then the switch pushes the voice VLAN automatically, thus the SX20 will attempt to get antes IP of the voice VLAN. I would recommend to turn off CDP, and try again.

Elias

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi,

If you turn off VLAN Voice mode on the SX20 of course it cannot get IP from DHCP Voice VLAN.

Capture1.PNG

Could you tell what you want to achieve?

Br,

ACEVIRGIL

Elias Sevilla Duarte
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is merely related to CDP. CDP is used for management traffic, which serves within its parameters, voice VLAN. If CDP is set to auto in the SX20, and the switches use CDP, then the switch pushes the voice VLAN automatically, thus the SX20 will attempt to get antes IP of the voice VLAN. I would recommend to turn off CDP, and try again.

Elias

Elias Sevilla Duarte
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@lfcooh wrote:

Our company have 2 vlan on every switch, data and voice vlan so when I turn off voice vlan on SX20, it cannot get ip from dhcp. My solution is remove voice vlan on the port switch. How can I do with this problem?

Elias