cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

webex kit connect to zoom meeting

jherlitzke
Level 1
Level 1

I have created a zoom account paid subscription and bought an API room connector and associated it with a webex board.  If the zoom account I created for this, creates a meeting and I invite the webex board through our O365 resource calendar, it works perfect and has one touch.

If a zoom account without a connector sends an invite, it first won't have the SIP info and the meeting will just show as a meeting.  I then have to go to the button I created for zoom and manually join.  But I get the error that the meeting host doesn't have a CRC room connector.  Now I then get a code on the screen and I can do the whole login, enter the code, etc and get it to work, but that is a PITA.  I read then that we can automate that with the API connector and use our connector and join as an attendee.  However, that is where I am stuck, how do I get that to work.  I am not finding good documentation..

Also, why does zoom make it more difficult to join a zoom meeting with a webex kit?  Teams and google meets just join right up nothing else we have to do and no additional costs...

Anyway, if anyone has done this so they can use a webex kit to join a zoom meeting automatically where the host doesn't have a CRC Room Connector, and has any advice for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

1 Reply 1

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

I could not find any documents either but here is how I believe it should work. 

You need to create a licensed user, with the email address of your Cisco Room Kit, in your Zoom portal that has CRC licenses. You cannot assign CRC licenses to individual users but they are automatically available to all regular Zoom licensed users. 

Now, when you try to join a Zoom meeting, with no SIP address, since your Cisco Room kit is also a licensed Zoom user, it should use a CRC license (attendee’s CRC license) to join the meeting, the attendee being the Cisco Room Kit. 

Using attendee’s CRC license، if you have provisioned API connector for your Cisco Room Kit, then you should be able to join a non-SIP Zoom meeting without entering the meeting pairing code. 

If you don’t have API connector provisioned, you should still be able to join non-SIP Zoom meetings by entering the meeting pairing code. It still uses the Cisco Room Kits CRC license.