cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Pro - completely hide the OSD dialling info

davidtimms
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have Webex Pro 9.8.0, and our client is wanting to completely hide the dialling details while both making the call, and while a call is up. I control the codec via the API and found I can select OSD to output 1/2/3/auto.

Unfortunately, all 3 outputs are already in use, and we must not show on any of the outputs either the dial string nor connected site name.

A year old post about Webex Plus was answered with "not possible". Surely integrators working with secure bodies/sites need this type of "connected party" identity protection; if so how have you worked around the problem ?
It would be OK to show: "Dialling" and "Connected" but not to "what/whom/how".

1 Reply 1

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You can try some of the Video Layout and Matrix commands

Something like this:
Create action button, called Secure Dial, whcih mimics whatever dialign scenario you need.
With the command Video Matrix (Assign, Unassign, Layout, etc) you might be able to accomplish what you need.

I dont have anything like this - but I am manipulating my executive rooms with 2-3 screens. Basically I have an input connected but disabled - which is just a mini PC running a screensaver. Whenever they use the button for a non webex call, the macro enables the input, and assigns to screen 2 and 3. The intent for me was to have the call / presentation on the single screen, but not duplicate or have a blank grey screen on the other two while not in use. I am still working through this myself, but I am at least able to manipulate the screen for a call.