cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

'Wrong Username or Password' For Every VC Endpoint In TMS

AV5329
Level 1
Level 1

As of last week when viewing our various Cisco Room Kit devices in TMS > Systems > Navigator, all of them appear to now have "Wrong username or password" as their status. However, as soon as you click on the "Connection" tab this error clears and the status moves to 'Unknown'.

Similarly if you enter the existing password for the endpoint under "Edit Settings", the status goes to "Idle" before then changing back to "Wrong username or password". It doesn't appear to be a TMS configuration template issue as these aren't set on our endpoints.

I've tried rebooting our TMS server but this has had no impact. I've tried purging an endpoint and re-adding it to TMS and the same issue happens. No service appears to be impacted though; we primarily use TMS for phonebook deployment and that's working fine.

We're running TMS version 15.9.

Any help would be appreciated

5 Replies 5

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi.

TMS needs to use the password that is configured on the device in CUCM in order to successfully authenticate.  Update the password in this field and then try that password in TMS.  If you have newer that CUCM 12.0, you’ll find this in the product specific configuration section under Miscellaneous.

To your point, this is need if you are going to be managing the endpoints from TMS, making configuration changes, managing software, and maybe (can't remember) if you want to pull detailed settings information from CUCM so that you can use TMS to compare configurations etc.

StephanieKnoopePlus_0-1658267150672.png

Response Signature

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for coming back to me. Sorry I should have stated that our endpoints don't register or aren't provisioned to CUCM. We have it set so they are provisioned by TMS and register to VCS. Where would the equivalent be with that set up?

Thanks

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't have experience with VCS registered endpoints, but my understanding is that for VCS registered endpoints, you need simply to ensure that the user name and password for TMS is set on the endpoint itself and must match in TMS.  If you're using the admin account, ensure you know the correct password by logging into the endpoint itself.  You can alternately have a user account specifically for TMS.  To configure or validate:

Browse to the endpoint and log in.

1. Either update the admin passphrase or add a new username and password in the Users menu
2. Go to TMS web interface > Systems > Navigator > Find endpoint > Settings > Edit Settings.
3. Click Force Refresh.
4. Type a new password.
5. Click Save/Try.

If this does not work, write back and maybe someone else can jump in here.

Response Signature

AV5329
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for the outlined steps, unfortunately I've tried the above and the endpoints do indeed return to an "Idle" state but then revert to the "wrong username or password" status after a few minutes.

I'll wait for any further suggestions but sounds as though I may need to open a TAC case

Sorry I couldn't help more and good luck.  

Response Signature