Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS 3.0 Live Streaming

Hi, 

Has anyone got Cisco Meeting Server (CMS version 3.0) working with live streaming (RTMP) without support of other components (like vBrick, WOWZA) ?? 

From CMS 3.0 release notes, it seems capable of providing a RTMP stream for outside (e.g. sending live stream to "rtmp://mystream.com/live/app").  However there are no documentation or validation that CMS alone can achieve live streaming into youtube or facebook. 

Any ideas ? Thanks in advanced. 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I have done Youtube using WOWZA and  its pretty  straight forward. you get 30 days demo license  and u can make it from their website. 

Response Signature

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Thanks @Nithin Eluvathingal. We tested this out with vBrick DME server. Our main concern was to stream CMS RTMP feed into facebook live. Since facebook does not support RTMP anymore (facebook supports RTMPS only now), we had to use OBS Studio to collect RTMP stream from vBrick DME, and then use facebook stream key and post it live. vBrick current do not direct facebook live streaming it seems. 

What about Wowza have u tried it ?

Response Signature

I also noticed that Wowza offering rtmps facebook streaming and youtube live. I requested a demo from them, once it’s available I’ll check that and let you know how it goes. 

Thank you !

I have done Youtube using WOWZA and  its pretty  straight forward. you get 30 days demo license  and u can make it from their website. 

Response Signature

Hi Team

could you please confim , if i can just use  

GET :  https://CMSIP:8443/api/v1/coSpaces/spaceID   link form CMS  and put the link in VLC  to watch the stream (for users inside my network). with no need for Vbrik at all

if i should use vBrick DME server , shoud i order the User-Licence also for DME serveur or juste order the DME-Server suscribtion,

thanks in advance

@Nithin Eluvathingal , 

I installed Wowza onprem server and got Youtube / Facebook streaming working. Thank you very much for the tip. 

Had an issue where facebook feed doesn't work from the provided presets, but creating a generic RTMPS feed did the trick. Thanks again !