cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disinfecting Cisco Telepresence Remotes

Darren McKinnon
Level 1
Level 1

Is there an approved method from Cisco for disinfecting their remotes.  There isn't even anything in the VX Clinical Assistant guide.  My infection control staff want to us Virox wipes, or something equivalent.

I'm concerned about it wiping off the numbers/labels. 

Darren

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Russell Haney
Level 1
Level 1

As long as it is not an abrasive or corrosive wipe or saturated with fluid then you should be OK. If this is something you will need to do regularly then you may want to consider putting the remote in a clear zip lock bag. Or having each user disinfect their hands before use. Otherwise you will not find an 'approved' method since that could open up someone to liability if it didn't work in all situations.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Darren.

I will look this up for you and get back to you.

//Marius

Hi Marius, and news on this?

Are there any kind of plastic covers / bags in which you could put the remote?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Russell Haney
Level 1
Level 1

As long as it is not an abrasive or corrosive wipe or saturated with fluid then you should be OK. If this is something you will need to do regularly then you may want to consider putting the remote in a clear zip lock bag. Or having each user disinfect their hands before use. Otherwise you will not find an 'approved' method since that could open up someone to liability if it didn't work in all situations.

Thanks Russell and Martin.  We are already putting the remotes that patients touch into a clear plastic bag, but since Cisco has their telehealth endpoints, I thought they might have another suggestion.

Thanks again.