cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error message.

tornygard1
Level 1
Level 1

What does the Error message that I receive on our VCS mean?  See attachment We use x8.6 SW version

4 Replies 4

Have you tried rebooting your VCS if error goes away? Try also to upgrade to version X8.6.1.

Looks like your hitting a bug or hardware issue. It's best way to contact Cisco TAC regarding error messages generated by VCS containing application/hardware failures.

regards,

Acevirgil

shawnangelo
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have TMS/Movi in use in this environment? If so is Agent in use or PE?

Also, is this causing any issues and is the VCS rebooting when the error occurs?

..is Agent in use or PE?

TMS Agent was removed in VCS X8.1, so he'd be running PE if any provisioning of devices is in use. ​

Patrick,

You are definitely correct here, but I was asking as if he were using TMS Agent Legacy and was previously on an older version of VCS/TMS, and then recently upgraded VCS to 8.x and did not upgrade to TMSPE, it would break Agent and could potentially be the cause of the error message. This is unlikely and several other issues can cause this message, but this reminded me of a previous case I had in which this was the cause. Also, I saw other bugs erlated to TMS/Movi/TMSPE surrounding this message.