Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Expressway auto attendant

Hello Team,

I have seen ISDN gateway with auto attendant feature . User has to dial the number and enter the alias to get connected.

My question

We have a VCS Expressway which is exposed to internet for video calling .  Does Cisco has any such solution for VCS Expressway to act as a IP gateway. 

I have many clients who has IP dialing . It would be great if we have auto attendant for VCS Expressway as well .

Any calls can be routed to helpdesk if it exceeds a time period for response . Helpdesk should be able to guide the external user and route the call to appropriate endpoints and get connected. :)

4 Replies 4

Chad Patterson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jagatheesh,

The VCS Expressway does not have an auto-attendant feature. However, you could use the fallback alias feature on the Expressway, which would route calls to an MCU auto-attendant for you. Check out this discussion here which may help you: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11418436/vcs-e-calls-direct-codian-mcu-auto-attendant

Hi Chapatte,

Thanks a lot for your response . But we have multiple MCU's. Moving calls between will be a problem to me.

Routing calls to a particular MCU will not be appropriate . Also the helpdesk is configured with Find me . 

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jagatheesh,

Tandberg / Cisco had the IPGW, which did exactly what you describe, IVR for Video.

I never really understood why it was always under the radar and then got discontinued.

Besides that, the use case us more or less to give people who are "to stupid" to dial

a URI or at least some e164 number at a given IP (there should be not that many systems

out there which can not dial that, as long as the user does not know how).

So if you have multiple Cisco Codian style MCUs or TPS check out the conductor.

You can get your resource allocation by that, than you only need to get the users to dial

the proper number.

Besides that, if you see the need for an IVR for Conductor handled conferences, talk to your

Cisco partner or contact to file a feature request.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

Very valid . As you specified not many systems have this problem , it is only the ppl.

There are always users who dont understand how to establish Video Call . Those stupid ppl seek assistance from a helpdesk who can route calls .

Helpdesk / Admin acting as a intermediate user should have a single user interface through which he/she can transfer calls/ alter the call path between all infra devices + endpoints . It is not only for conference calls but also the point to point calls. This will be helpful for calls between diff organization.

pls put ur thoughts on this . 

info was helpful - IVR for video vanished. We have a Conductor. I will explore what i can do with it

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: