Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,
I have deployed a new videoconference network, including the following items:
1- CUCM 11.5
2- MX700 on HQ
3- MX300 on Remote sites
4- Cisco TMS,TCS,VTS,Virual conductor
For the WAN connection, we used a private dedicated network used only by the Videoconferencing systems (no Access to the internet and no DNS).

Now the End customer Wants to be able to make a video call with his partner ( B2B) using an internet line.

My questions are
1- What i need to add to, my infrastructure (like VCSE-C and VCS-E), and which licenses I have to purchase
2- What minimum internet connection BW that i have to ask for.( and Public IP Addressee).
3- There is any requirements for DNS Subscription..

Thank you very much

CHAM

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I will try to answer your questions.

1- What i need to add to, my infrastructure (like VCSE-C and VCS-E), and which licenses I have to purchase

- You need a VCS-C and VCS-E to enable B2B calling.

I will share to you the license configuration we are using in our deployment. We have Expressway-C/VCS-C and Expressway-E/VCS-E. In the below table, we have total of 40 Rich Media Session (RMS)  licenses which is the required licence for B2B calling. 20 license for VCS-C and 20 for VCS-E so there will be a total 20 B2B concurrent calls that can be handled.Other licenses are also required like Advanced Networking for VCS-E for Dual NIC which depends on how you deploy the VCS-E on your network. You may use the same license config as below but depends on how many RMS licenses you need.

Description SKU Total License License Distribution
Expressway C Expressway E
Release Key for X8 LIC-SW-EXP-K9  2 1 1
Rich Media Session LIC-EXP-RMS 40 20 20
Advanced Networking LIC-EXP-AN 1 Not applicable 1
Expressway Series  LIC-EXP-SERIES 2 1 1
H323-SIP Interworking Gateway LIC-EXP-GW 2 1 1
Turn Relay Option LIC-EXP-TURN 1 Not applicable 1
Traversal Server Feature Set LIC-EXP-E 1 Not applicable 1

2- What minimum internet connection BW that i have to ask for.( and Public IP Addressee).

- This depends on how many concurrent B2B calls will be handling by the VCS-E. I will give you an idea, for example if an endpoint calling to outside and initiates a call bandwidth of 1Mbps which the call will be going to VCS-E, it will use 1Mbps internet bandwidth. So if you have 2 B2B concurrent calls with 1Mbps each call for example, it will utilize 2Mbps of your internet bandwidth. On the VCS-E, you can set limit of call bandwidth so you can control the bandwidth usage for the endpoints calling to outside.

- You only need 1 Public IP address for the VCS-E

- Yes. B2B calls needs DNS and SRV records for your VCS-E. 

Take a look on this guide Cisco Expressway Basic Configuration Deployment Guide (X8.9) on Appendix 2 page 54 for DNS and SRV record requirements. You can use same document for on how you will configure the VCS-C and VCS-E to enable B2B calling.

regards,

Acevirgil

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi,

I will try to answer your questions.

- You need a VCS-C and VCS-E to enable B2B calling.

I will share to you the license configuration we are using in our deployment. We have Expressway-C/VCS-C and Expressway-E/VCS-E. In the below table, we have total of 40 Rich Media Session (RMS)  licenses which is the required licence for B2B calling. 20 license for VCS-C and 20 for VCS-E so there will be a total 20 B2B concurrent calls that can be handled.Other licenses are also required like Advanced Networking for VCS-E for Dual NIC which depends on how you deploy the VCS-E on your network. You may use the same license config as below but depends on how many RMS licenses you need.

Description SKU Total License License Distribution
Expressway C Expressway E
Release Key for X8 LIC-SW-EXP-K9  2 1 1
Rich Media Session LIC-EXP-RMS 40 20 20
Advanced Networking LIC-EXP-AN 1 Not applicable 1
Expressway Series  LIC-EXP-SERIES 2 1 1
H323-SIP Interworking Gateway LIC-EXP-GW 2 1 1
Turn Relay Option LIC-EXP-TURN 1 Not applicable 1
Traversal Server Feature Set LIC-EXP-E 1 Not applicable 1

- This depends on how many concurrent B2B calls will be handling by the VCS-E. I will give you an idea, for example if an endpoint calling to outside and initiates a call bandwidth of 1Mbps which the call will be going to VCS-E, it will use 1Mbps internet bandwidth. So if you have 2 B2B concurrent calls with 1Mbps each call for example, it will utilize 2Mbps of your internet bandwidth. On the VCS-E, you can set limit of call bandwidth so you can control the bandwidth usage for the endpoints calling to outside.

- You only need 1 Public IP address for the VCS-E

- Yes. B2B calls needs DNS and SRV records for your VCS-E. 

Take a look on this guide Cisco Expressway Basic Configuration Deployment Guide (X8.9) on Appendix 2 page 54 for DNS and SRV record requirements. You can use same document for on how you will configure the VCS-C and VCS-E to enable B2B calling.

regards,

Acevirgil

Hi ACEVIRGIL,

Thank you very much Bro .. you saved me :)

Good luck

Cham

Hi Cham,

I'm glad that i have answered you're questions and I'm happy to help.

regards,

Acevirgil