Views
Helpful
Replies

12.5SU5 Install w/ Import Upgrade Configuration Loops to Beginning

vincent.mignano
Level 1
Level 1

Hey All,

I am installing a fresh 12.5SU5 cluster and using the Import Data feature during the upgrade. When I put in the node and SFTP information, it goes and downloads the tar file successfully, goes to the install blue screen for a few minutes, then loops back to the Import Upgrade Configuration Information screen. It goes through the initial configuration again that is already filled out from the before. I tried to run it again, loops bac gain. I reran the export and still the same.

Can someone please assist?

Thanks,

Vinny

Vincent Mignano
4 Replies 4

I have tested fresh install with data export couple of times  on 14, and it was  successful . 

I Will try the 12.5 on my lab and will update you the behaviour. 

Response Signature

vincent.mignano
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Nithin,

Please let me know yor results and if you have found any other possible reason this is happening.

Thanks,

Vinny

Vincent Mignano

Hey Nithin,

I was able to get the import to work. The Data Export file I had was 7GB because of CE firmware's being it was also a TFTP server. We deleted unneeded firmware and got the size down to below 3 GB. After the import thought we ere getting the Add/Modify/Delete not working upgrade in progress message on the login banner. I checked on the cli and there was no upgrade in progress. I used the enable administration command on the cli to unlock it and it was fine after that.

So, does anyone know if there is a size limit for the data export file, as there is no supporting requirements doc? Also, are we hitting a bug related to upgrading/Import as the banner was telling me upgrade in progress but there was none going on when I checked?

Thanks in advance,

Vinny

Vincent Mignano

vincent.mignano
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Nithin,

I was able to get the import to work. The Data Export file I had was 7GB because of CE firmware's being it was also a TFTP server. We deleted unneeded firmware and got the size down to below 3 GB. After the import thought we ere getting the Add/Modify/Delete not working upgrade in progress message on the login banner. I checked on the cli and there was no upgrade in progress. I used the enable administration command on the cli to unlock it and it was fine after that.

So, does anyone know if there is a size limit for the data export file, as there is no supporting requirements doc? Also, are we hitting a bug related to upgrading/Import as the banner was telling me upgrade in progress but there was none going on when I checked?

Thanks in advance,

Vinny

Vincent Mignano