Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

900 mHz Phone for CUCM

Looking into a 900mHz phone system to augment a CUCM installation where 802.11 is not an option.

I see that Polycom has the SpectraLink phones but that interface is a 2 or 4-wire connection that I wojuld be eating up a lot ov VG224 ports for connections.  Ideally, I am looking for a PRI handoff between the Cisco CUCM via a Gateway and this system.  I need tobe able to support 40+ phones.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are they open to DECT phones which operates at a different frequency? In that case there are options with IP links using SIP/H323/PRI to CUCM with Ascom or Polycom

Thanks

Srini

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As Srini mentioned, if the connection to the polycom is non-analog, then it's a peer device that will control a range of numbers and not consume DLU's on the CUCM.  So if the connection to the wirless call control is SIP or ISDN, then those devices will not require DLU's...but that also means those device will not have CUCM features.  If the devices are connected as analog devices, you may be able to use some of the supplementary features in CUCM for analog devices. 

Since there is uncertainty in the device you want to connect, more details might allow us to provide a better suggestion.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer

My problem is that the customer has dead spaces where 802.11 will not go but that 900mHz can.  They had a previous solution that connected to their old Nortel systems and they are trying to make a companion product that still uses the 900 mHz frequency to connect all of these phones.  But there are problems somewhere in the connections before it hits the VG224 and additional digits are added or others are "changed".

does anyone know or have experiance with DECT system like what Polycom has if it would work with base stations outside a large meat locker and still have the phones work when they walk into the locker?

Having AP's or Base stations inside the lockers is a non-starter.

Thanks

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

The Polycom KIRK DECT systems do have control stations which register individual DECT handsets back to the call manager 6.1 or greater as  7940s, SRST is also supported. Being all over IP no need for legacy connections to connect the two systems and can centrally manage your environment from the CUCM

I did some research into this some time ago on this but client did not choose the Cisco solution. Here in AU there are partners that can scope it all, determine the number of wirelss points required and do all the deployment if that is not your field.

I also found this additional thread.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2020688

Hope it helps.