cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Allow Helpdesk to Perform LDAP Sync

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

Currently have CUCM 11.5 deployed and the helpdesk users have basic admin rights in CUCM, but I'm now being asked to provide them with the ability to do LDAP syncs.  I know I can add them to the Super Users group, but is there any other way to accomplish this?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In CUCM the most granular you can get is access to a certain page, either in read only or read-write.

So, they would have access to perform any change to the LDAP configuration you have in place, and not only to perform a full sync.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

To grant custom permissions you would need to implement a "Custom Role" and a "Custom Access Control Group" as part of Multilevel Administration. Here is a link to the documentation on how to do this. Once you have read it over, please post if you have additional questions.

System Configuration Guide for CUCM 11.5(1)SU1 - Chapter: Configure User Access

The above link is to a document for CUCM v11.5, but is applicable to all current versions of CUCM.

Maren

Thanks for the link. I actually created a custom role earlier today and added it to the Helpdesk group I had created and confirmed with staff that they have the access they required now.

Awesome! Helping solve problems makes my day.

If this issue is solved, please mark it solved for future folks doing searches on this topic.

Maren