cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

announcement needs to be played for extension and hunt pilot

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

I have a request from the client that they need to play an announcement or message to the calling party when they call an extension ex (1124) and hunt pilot number (1200) . After that the call needs to get transferred or forwarded as required.

How can I achieve this ? this should happen for extension number and hunt pilot number. there is no third party solution like imagicle at the moment with them. unity connection is available.

cucm version: 11.5

10 Replies 10

You can send the call via a call handler in CUC for this.

Response Signature

how about if the extension they required all defined as hunt pilot?

where can i get step for it

For the Hunt Pilot, Either use CUCM Native Call Queuing as it provides a greeting prompt option (this consumes an Annunciator resource) or use the same approach as the Directory Number with a CUC Call Handler.

You will need to rework the CSS & Partitions so that everything except CUC matches a Translation Pattern to route the call toward CUC instead of the actual DN or Hunt Pilot, modifying the called number to the Call Handler extension. On the way back from CUC toward the DN or Hunt Pilot you will also need to use a Translation Pattern just to erase the redirecting number value so it matches the intended mailbox should it subsequently forward back to CUC for VM treatment.

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

i tried the hunt pilot option. i followed this method. but its not forwarding calls

"Upload the file as an MoH file and use it as queuing MoH in the hunt pilot settings. This hunt pilot has a hunt list assigned, that has no line group members. With the routing option in the hunt pilot, you can then forward the call to the destination you want.

i  also tried without queueing and selected  no answer forward option . but it ended up ku..kuku  tone.

You can not use the queueing option with no member(s) in the line group.

Response Signature

very true. i added a dummy number that not existed and then it started working fine. i did that before reading your message. now its forwarding. announcement part im working on. ill update about it here

i tried to upload audio file in announcement section. i applied it music on hold section . but it simply forwards calls without playing announcement. at the same time if im using default announcement file cisco provides, it plays.. what Im missing here/

format all are correct. 

My recommendation is to use CUC as I wrote in my initial reply.

Response Signature

Have you restarted the TFTP service after you uploaded the sound file as an announcement?

Response Signature

I didnt restart tftp. but initially i was only uploading files to publisher. then i uploaded files to subscribers and then it started working. still we didnt restart TFTP at this step.

Kindly notice no DSP configuration done in voice router and cucm for this site. 

now issue is that when we call from PSTN. announcement is hearing. they receive some silent then call forwarded.

in this what could be the issue? voicegateway any configuration needed?